Admission in Medical University of Ukraine is an article about….
About the admission process, fee structure, visa formalities, eligibility criteria, passport advice, hostels, food, etc.
That a student needs to know before applying for admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
We presume that this article would be beneficial to the aspirants of India looking forward to take admission in Medical University of Ukraine to pursue medical degree .
Eligibility for Admission -For making you eligible to apply for admission in the Medical University of Ukraine to study medicine, the student needs to meet certain eligibility criteria as per Medical Council of India.
The minimum eligibility requirement for taking admission in Medical University of Ukraine are as follows:
- The student needs to have a minimum age of 17 years.
- The subjects in 10+2 or 12th Class must be Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-technology.
- Having scored atleast 50% marks in the subjects for General category students.
- 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category students.
- English as one of the subject.
Choose a Medical University in Ukraine – Once the student meets the eligibility criteria for taking admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
The next step for admission is to find a Medical University in Ukraine which suits his need and budget.
It is advisable to take admission in medical university of Ukraine where enough Indians have taken admission & studying in the Medical University from the past few years or more.
This assures a feel of the Indian environment along with the guidance of the seniors.
A list of Colleges for taking Admission in Medical University of Ukraine are as follows:
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Crimea State Medical University
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University (ukr)
- Donetsk National Medical University (ukr)
- Ivano-Franko National Medical University (ukr)
- Kharkiv National Medical University (ukr)
- Lugansk State Medical University (ukr)
- National Pirogov Memorial Medical University
- Odessa National Medical University (ukr)
- Ternopil State Medical University (ukr)
- Zaporozhye State Medical University (ukr)
Medical Universities of Ukraine are Recognized – The Medical Universities of Ukraine are approved and recognized not only in India but also accredited in all important regulatory bodies of the world.
Hence the international aspirants can go ahead to take admission in medical university of Ukraine.
To name a few, they are as mentioned below:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Duration, MD Degree & Academic Calendar – The duration of the course is 6 years for the international students who have taken admission in medical university of Ukraine.
The degree awarded by the Medical University of Ukraine is MD, approved by Medical Council of India as equivalent to MBBS in India.
The academic calendar consists of two semesters.
- The first semester starts from September to January and the second from February to June.
- Summer holidays are in the months of July & August.
- Classes per week will be 54 hours with 36 hours of classroom studies and the remaining 18 hours independent work.
- Classes are from Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM with one hour in between for lunch.
- Saturday & Sunday are holidays.
Hostel – The Hostel rooms are available on twin sharing basis.
The rooms are spacious, ventilated, with a bed, table, chair, shelf for keeping your clothes and personals.
- A common kitchen is available for foreign students to cook.
- A common reading and a TV room are available.
- The hostel is having security of the medical university staff.
- The bathrooms and toilets are kept neat and tidy.
- The hostel are provided with washing machines.
- The hostel for boys and girls are separate.
Food & Common Kitchen – When it comes to food, Medical University in Ukraine do not have a mess with Indian food. Independently cooking food is the best option advisable.
3 to 4 students can group together and cook, it is economical, hygienic & healthy.
- The students have to depend on the local small restaurants without expecting Indian food. Cooking own food is the best option.
- Hence it is advisable that the student should be ready to cook his / her food.
- Common kitchen are available in the hostel, all that the students need is to buy the utensils & groceries available in the malls of Ukraine.
- The new students are helped by seniors in this regard.
- Some Indian students have opened a mess for the Indian students, however it is suggested that depending on such mess could be risky.
- Since it has been observed that such kind of arrangements might be available temporarily and later found to be closed.
Authorized Representative in India – Once the student has decided about the choice of Medical College in for admission in medical university of Ukraine.
The next step is finding the official license holder of the Medical University in Ukraine or the license holders’ authorized Representative / Agent in India who will guide you take admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
- The student for taking admission in Medical University of Ukraine has the choice to directly contact the license holder in Ukraine or the representative in India.
- It is advisable that the student take guidance from India Representative who will help you from start to finish for taking admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
Admission Request by Online Application – The request for admission in medical university of Ukraine can be made by approaching the India Representative, or the student can fill the online application and attach scanned copies of his/her 10 class certificates, 12th class certificate & passport.
Seats are limited. Admission requests are many. Apply well in advance.
The admission in medical university of Ukraine start from January.
Last date for applying is July 31 every year.
- The students’ application and scanned copies of the certificates must reach the admission department of the Medical University in Ukraine.
- Admission in Medical University of Ukraine will be given on the first cum first serve basis subject to availability of seat.
- You can get the Admission Confirmation Letter and Letter of Invitation within 15 days.
- The whole process will take not less than 60 days to complete which includes visa formalities, flight ticket, physical examination and eligibility certificate from Medical Council of India.
- Start early to finish comfortably within 60 days.
Admission Confirmation & Invitation Letter – Once the Medical University is satisfied with your marks and your eligibility criteria.
The student will receive a scanned copy of Admission confirmation letter from the Medical University showing the admission fees, tuition fees, hostel expenses, visa fees, etc. and Invitation letter, based on which the student can apply for a visa from the Embassy of Ukraine, New Delhi.
- The original admission letter & invitation letter will be sent to the India Representative / Agent for the student to collect.
- However before the admission letter is dispatched the student has to pay 400 US dollars for admission processing, admission confirmation letter from the Medical University, and invitation letter from Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
- You will be receiving your original documents in DHL courier, so that the students can apply for student visa in the Embassy of Ukraine in New Delhi.
Medical Certificate – The student has to get the medical certificate from an approved medical hospital with all the mandatory physical examination tests conducted.
There are some medical hospitals as well as doctors in New Delhi, whose Medical Certificate is approved and accepted by Medical University of Ukraine and the Embassy of Ukraine in New Delhi.
Students are advised get their medical tests done at these approved hospitals / doctors in New Delhi. Medical Certificate has to be valid date of not more than 60 days before the date of arrival in Ukraine.
Air ticket to Ukraine – Book an air ticket for a tentative date; this is important requirement while applying for student visa in the Embassy of Ukraine, New Delhi. Book your ticket early and avoid last-minute rush.
For booking of the air ticket the student can approach the airline offices / authorized travel agents on their own or they can take the assistance of India Representative.
Please book your ticket well in advance to get ticket at economical rate. In the peak season it will be costly.
Applying for Student Visa – Once your admission letter, invitation letter, medical certificate, passport and flight ticket from India to Ukraine are ready.
- The student has to go to the Embassy of Ukraine to apply for student visa and face a formal interview at the Embassy of Ukraine in New Delhi.
- The students have to stay for 4 to 5 days in New Delhi to complete the formalities and get his Visa.
- Student Visa are issued from August 15 and are valid up to November 15 only.
- The student must step into Ukraine before November 15 to complete the formalities for admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
List of Documents while applying for Visa – To apply for student visa before going for admission in medical university of Ukraine, the candidate require the lists of things required given below:
- 10th class certificate showing date of birth,
- 10+2 certificate showing marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and other subjects,
- Admission confirmation letter of the Medical University,
- Invitation Letter issued by Ministry of Education, Ukraine
- Medical Certificate,
- 10 passport size photograph
- Certificates and transcripts to be translated into Ukrainian Language.
- The translators are available in New Delhi.
Student Visa issued in Ukrainian Embassy – The student should have all these documents in original ready and with the help of India Representative approach the Embassy of Ukraine in New Delhi.
- Visa applications must specify the student’s intention to study in Ukraine by taking admission in Medical University.
- The student’s documents will be verified by the embassy officials, a formal interview is conducted and then a student visa is issued.
- Now it can be said that the student is ready to fly on board the flight to take admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
Eligibility Certificate from Medical Council of India – The student has to apply for Eligibility Certificate with Medical Council of India in New Delhi, making him / her eligible to appear for the MCI screening test conducted by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi after the student comes back to India after completing his medical degree from a Medical University of Ukraine.
- The list of documents required are original certificates of 10th class, 12th class, Passport, 12 photographs, admission letter from medical university of Ukraine, Eligibility Certificate Application Form filled by the student, attestations of government official wherever necessary and two sets of Xerox copies of the documents.
- The Xerox copies will be retained by Medical Council of India and the original certificates will be seen and returned immediately.
- An acknowledgement will be issued to the student and the eligibility certificate will be dispatched to the students residence address.
- The acknowledgement issued by Medical Council of India is a proof that you have applied for Eligibility Certificate.
Expenses in India before leaving for Ukraine – Once the student’s start applying for admission in Medical University of Ukraine. The expenses in India are incurred in stages.
To start with Admission Confirmation & Invitation Letter, Flight ticket, Medical test / Physical examination, translations & legalization of documents / certificates of the student, applying for Student Visa and Eligibility Certificate from Medical Council of India.
- 400 US$ – For Admission Confirmation Letter & Invitation letter for Visa.
- Flight ticket ranges between Rs 35,000/- to Rs 45,000/- To & Fro ticket.
- Rs 1,20,000/- For Medical, Visa Processing, Interview at Ukrainian Embassy in New Delhi, Translation & Legalization of Documents, MCI Eligibility Certificate, Admission Processing, Consultancy Fees.
Fees & Expenses on Arrival in Ukraine – The students have to pay the tuition fees and hostel fees directly in the admission department of the medical university as soon as they arrive in Ukraine.
The student can bring a demand draft from India or he can also pay the fees in US $ cash.
The food and pocket expenses per month depend on the students spending habits and discipline.
- The tuition fees per year of any Medical University in Ukraine
- Range from 3500 US $ to a maximum of 4000 US $.
- The hostel fee per year range between 600 US$ to 1000 US $.
- Monthly expenses for food & miscellaneous will be between 100 US $ to 150 US $.
- Medical Insurance 150 US $
No Scholarships to foreign students in Ukraine – There is no provision for availability of scholarships to the foreign students who are taking admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
All fees and expenses have to be borne by the student.
- This is laid down by the rules as per the Law of Ukraine.
- All international students taking admission in Medical University have to pay the total tuition fees, hostel fees and other required fees.
Arrival in Ukraine – After arriving at Ukraine the students will be received at the airport by the officials of the Medical University.
- The next day the students accompanied by the India Representative will be taken to the admissions office to complete the formalities required for taking admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
- Like verifying certificates, payment of tuition fees and any other need of the Medical University.
- Now it can be said that the student has admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
Settling in Ukraine – After completing the admission formalities the students will be assisted to settle down in their hostel rooms.
Later the India Representative will take the students for the local city tour.
- The India representative will take the new students to the local market to buy certain daily essentials as per the need of students.
- Some seniors will also go with the students to feel at ease.
- The new students will slowly get accustomed and acclimatized with the medical university, hostel and the city.
Entry and Residence Regulations in Ukraine – There are some regulations required to be completed once a student arrives in Ukraine for taking admission in Medical University of Ukraine.
This will be lined up by the India Representative.
- The passport and visa must have several years’ validity.
- Entitling the student to live in Ukraine for the duration of their medical study.
- Students must report to the police within ten days of arrival in Ukraine and apply for a residence permit.
- The Students passport and admission confirmation from the Medical University are required for the documentation while completing the formalities of entry and residence regulations.
Passport Advice – This advice is to the aspirants looking for admission in Medical University of Ukraine but are not having a Passport ready. Such kind of students:
- Can apply and get the admission confirmation letter from the Medical University of Ukraine based on his 10+2 or 12th class certificate.
- Once the students’ gets his admission confirmation letter, then the student can apply for the passport under ‘Tatkal’ scheme, along with the admission confirmation letter issued by the Medical University of Ukraine.
- The student will get his passport within a week. Once you receive the passport, the India Representative can get the “Letter of Invitation” from the Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
- This “Letter of Invitation” is required to apply for student visa in the office of the Embassy of Ukraine in New Delhi.
Conclusion – The above article is not conclusive but only gives a general idea about the admission in medical university of Ukraine.
To know more and exact details:
The students, parents and aspirants looking for admission in Medical University of Ukraine may approach an India Representative.
The Representative will be well versed with the admission process, to guide you for taking admission in Medical University.
Hence you are advised to find an authorized India Representative and avail his professional service to take admission in Medical University.
Note: If the above article does not answer your question or you have a different question.
You may ask your question or give your experience or give your valuable comment / reply to this article.
Follow Us Twitter Facebook Google+Email: email@example.com
Author to ATBanzara Education (mbbsmdmsDOTcom) / Srswati (srswatiDOTcom) / Blogzense (blogzenseDOTcom)