11 Sep 2014
Banking Cord Blood at ViaCord – Priced Moderately
Price for banking cord blood at ViaCord for 20 years is little more than $4,000 and in another plan the price for enrolling into 10-years plan is around$3,500.
ViaCord cord blood bank came into existence in the year 1992. The blood bank is located at 245 First Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142. Till today the company has helped perform nearly 225 transplants.
The company claims that the price for storing cord-blood at ViaCord is fixed without compromising the quality of service and that the company is financially stable.
Licensing & Accreditation of ViaCord
ViaCord is licensed and FDA registered. The cord-blood bank has its accreditation with AABB and CLIA. The company has a Massachusetts State licensed laboratory.
Services for Banking Cord Blood at ViaCord
The services assured for banking cord blood at ViaCord are Cord-blood Banking, Cord Tissue Banking and Maternal Blood Testing. The Cord Blood can be used for Analogous Purpose and for Family Use as well. Photo Credit – Banc / Flickr
The method adopted for storage of cord-blood is in a sterilized bag. The components used are Buffy Coat and Bag.
The laboratory report covers the Blood Type, Cell Viability, Sterility Cultures, Total Nucleated Cell Count and Total Volume of Cord Blood.
Price for Banking Cord Blood at ViaCord
The company’s Price look moderate and has 4 types of enrollment plans suiting the parents need. The parents have the choice of storing cord-blood at ViaCord in a 1-year plan, 5 years plan, 10 years plan and 20 years enrollment plan.
Pricing for Banking Cord Blood
All of these plans have a one time fee along with annual storage fee
- The price for 1 year plan is around $2,300,
- For 5 years plan is around $2,800,
- For 10 years plan is slightly less than $3,500 and
- Last plan is 20 years a little more than $4,000.
Annual Cord Blood Storage Fee – ViaCord charges $125 Annual Storage Fee for storing.
Discounts – The cord-blood company does not offer any discount if you banking only to cord blood. However discount is available to parents who are banking both, the cord-blood and cord blood tissue.
ViaCord Compares Price with all Cord-Blood banks of US
ViaCord Cord Blood Bank as per our study looks higher in comparison with other banks of United States.
- 1-year enrollment plan charges around$2,300 and is higher in comparison with all other cord blood banks of US which are priced around $1,700.
- 5-year enrollment is around $2,800 and is higher than others which are priced around $2,300.
- 10-year enrollment plan is slightly less than $3,400 and is higher than others which are priced around$2,900.
- 20-year enrollment plan is slightly more than $4,000 and is slightly higher than others which are priced around $3,800.
Cord Blood Shipping At ViaCord
ViaCord Cord-blood Bank has its shipping entrusted to a medical courier service. The shipping cost is not included in the enrollment fee. The shipping fee is $ 150.
Find Out more details – For knowing the latest updated prices for banking at ViaCord you can reach by
- Phone – (866) 668-4895,
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal visit
Address – 245 First Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142. Parents interested in banking cord blood at ViaCord can also visit www.viacord.com