21 Oct 2015
Dr R N Cooper Municipal Medical College, Mumbai
Dr R N Cooper Municipal Medical College, Mumbai. MBBS 150 Seats. PG Nil. The Medical College is a government medical institution in Mumbai, Maharashtra for studying MBBS Course.
The college came into existence in the year 2015. The affiliation of this institution is to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
MBBS Course – Dr. R.N. Cooper Municipal Medical College & General Hospital, Mumbai undertakes the teaching and training of students for under-graduate course of MBBS.
No PG (Post Graduation) Courses – As the college was established in 2015, and so at present there are no PG seats available for admission and study.
The medical college and the medical course is recognized by Medical Council of India.
Details: Dr R N Cooper Municipal Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
The brief details are given below for the students looking for admission in the Medical College in Mumbai in Maharashtra. The details include contact details, facilities, year of establishment, recognition, accreditation, etc.
Note:Please check for the accuracy of the phone numbers and email address of the medical college by visiting the official college website.
Did you know that Dr. R. N. Cooper Municipal Medical College is also known as Hindu Hriday Samrat Balasaheb Thackeray College ? – Source.
PG Seats Specialization–MD MS Course Dr R N Cooper Municipal Medical College & General Hospital, Mumbai
The Dr R N Cooper Municipal Medical College, Mumbai is expecting to get the permission from Medical Council of India to take admission of eligible MBBS students for PG medical courses from the year 2022.
Important Dates in the history of Dr R N Cooper Municipal Medical College
- 13th August 2014 – Receives Essential Certificate – Issued by Directorate of Medical Education and Research Maharashtra
- 18th August 2014 – Receives Affiliation Certificate – Issued by Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences , Nashik
- 17th & 18th December 2014 – MCI carried out inspection for issuing LOP / LOI
- 23rd December 2014 – Receipt of Letter for Compliance from MCI
- 16th January 2015 – Submission of Compliance Report
History of Municipal Medical College’s Hospital
- 1969 – Maternity Home started
- 1970 – Upgraded to General Hospital
- 1977 – Affiliated to KEM Hospital
- 1977 – Recognized as Teaching Hospital
- 1982 – Set up Trauma Unit, ICU, ICCU & Ambulance Service
- 1997 – Gynaec and Obstetrics Department shifted to Oshiawar Materniry Home
- 1997 – Psychiatry shifted to Santacruz – V N Desai Hospital
- 1997 – Important Departments shifted to Cooper Hospital
- 2003 – Proposed to redevelop Cooper Hospital
- 2006 – Started Redevelopment of Cooper Hospital
- 2013 – Cooper Hospital redeveloped and inaugurated