4 May 2013
Government Medical College Patiala, Punjab
Government Medical College Patiala. Founded 1953. MBBS 200 Seats. PG 139 Seats. Government Medical College as the name suggest is a government institution in Patiala, Punjab for studying MBBS, MD, MS, MCH & Diploma Courses.
The college came into existence in the year 1953. The affiliation of this institution is to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
MBBS / MD / MS / MCH & Diploma Courses – Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab undertakes the teaching and training of students for under-graduate course of MBBS and post-graduate courses of MD, MS, MCH & Diploma.
The medical college and the medical courses are recognized by Medical Council of India.
Brief Details about Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab – The brief details are given below for the aspirants looking for admission in the Medical College in Patiala, Punjab.
The details include contact details, facilities, year of establishment, recognition, accreditation, etc.
- College Name Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab
- Management Govt.
- Year of Establishment 1953
- Address Patiala, Punjab.
- Telephone +91- 175 – 2212018, 2212035, 2355152
- Fax +91 – 175 – 2212055
- Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.gmcpatiala.com
- Mobile +91- 9814184794
- MBBS Seats 200 MBBS Seats. MBBS Admissions in Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab are through Competitive Entrance Examination in Punjab.
- PG Seats 139 PG Seats. PG Medical Admissions in Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab through Competitive Entrance Examination Punjab.
- Recognition Courses recognized by Medical Council of India
PG Specialization – Diploma, MD, MS and MCH Courses in Government Medical College Patiala, Punjab
The post graduate specializations of 139 seats of 25 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal.
Admissions are made based on the ranks obtained in all India as well as at state level Entrance Examination.
PG Specializations Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab PG Seats
- Diploma in Anesthesia 6
- Diploma in Child Health –
- Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology –
- Diploma in Ophthalmology –
- M.Ch – Plastic Surgery –
- MD – Anaesthesiology 7
- MD – Bio-Chemistry 4
- MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy 5
- MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology 3
- MD – General Medicine 12
- MD – Microbiology 1
- MD – Paediatrics 7
- MD – Pathology 11
- MD – Pharmacology 5
- MD – Physiology 6
- MD – Psychiatry 2
- MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology 9
- MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine 2
- MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine 5
- MD/MS – Anatomy 7
- MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology 9
- MD/MS – Ophthalmology 5
- MS – ENT 7
- MS – General Surgery 18
- MS – Orthopaedics 8
Increase of MBBS Seats in Government Medical College, Patiala
Medical Council of India has permitted Government Medical College Patiala to increase the annual intake of MBBS seats from 150 to 200 from the academic year 2014-15.
A development took place on 29 December 2014, where a committee headed by Health Secretary and minutes of meeting released by Health Ministry.
An approval of proposal to increase MBBS seats in 2015-16 in Govt Medical College Patiala is in the offing.
N E W S
Dr Sushmainder Kumar (Parent) Says
- His daughter for the academic year 2016-17 could not get admission in the MBBS course at Government Medical College (GMC) Patiala, inspite of his daughter securing fifth position in the sports quota.
- He said GMC Patiala show two seats under sports quota in prospectus. No college had the authority to reduce seats on its own.
Dr Raj Bahadur, Vice-Chancellor, Baba Farid University of Medical Sciences and Research
- Says that the university has conducted counseling for seats as per rules and GMC, Patiala is not wrong. More Details