Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi is named after the great patriot  & freedom fighter Sri Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad. The medical institution came into existence in the year 1958. This college is a reputed and prestigious medical institution of New Delhi.


The patients of Delhi as well as the patients of the rural population around Delhi are given treatment at this medical institution.

The institution has MBBS seats as well as PG seats available to the aspirants of Delhi and India. The candidates are selected through entrance examination.

State
New Delhi
Name of Medical College
Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
Affiliated University
Delhi University
Management
Trust
Year of Establishment
1958
MBBS Seats
250
PG Seats
202

Maulana Azad Medical College

Photo Credit – Flickr

Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi – Brief Details

Maulana Azad Medical institute’s brief details are mentioned below for the benefit of the students and guardians.

Institution: Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
Management: Government Institution
Established:  In the year 1958
Affiliation: Delhi University, India
Address:   Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
Phone: +91- 11-23231478, 23231438, 26863889  Fax : 23235574
Mobile: +91-9968604201
Email: Email: dean@mamc.ac.in,   Email: dragarwal82@hotmail.com
Website: www.mamc.ac.in
Contact: Dr. A K Agarwal
MBBS Seats: 250 seats. Entrance Conducted as per Delhi University Norms. Admission Process ends in July for academic year.
 PG Seats: 202 Seats. Delhi University norms entrance 75% seats. All India PG Entrance Examination 25% seats.

PG Specializations in Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi

There are 37 PG specialization courses available to the medical doctors. 75% of the seats are given to the candidates qualified through Delhi University norms entrance examinations. The remaining 25% are to the candidates qualified through all India PG entrance examination.

S. No.

PG Specializations Courses

Seats

1

Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy (DVD)

2

Diploma in Anesthesia (DA)

7

3

Diploma in Child Health (DA)

4

4

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (DGO)

4

5

Diploma in Ophthalmology (DOMS)

4

6

Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (DLO)

1

7

Diploma in Radio Therapy

8

Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis (DMRD)

1

9

DM – Cardiology

10

DM – Gastroenterology

11

DM – Neurology

6

12

M.Ch – Cardio Thoracic Surgery

4

13

M.Ch – Neuro Surgery

6

14

M.Ch – Paediatric Surgery

4

15

M.Ch – Surgical Gastroenterology / G.I. Surgery

3

16

M.Sc – Medical Bacteriology

1

17

M.Sc – Medical Bio-chemistry

18

MD – Anaesthesiology

10

19

MD – Bio-Chemistry

8

20

MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy

1

21

MD – Forensic Medicine / Forensic Medicine & Toxicology

5

22

MD – General Medicine

22

23

MD – Microbiology

10

24

MD – Paediatrics

15

25

MD – Pathology

7

26

MD – Pharmacology

3

27

MD – Physiology

4

28

MD – Psychiatry

3

29

MD – Radio Diagnosis / Radiology

6

30

MD – Radiothrapy

31

MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine

8

32

MD/MS – Anatomy

5

33

MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology

11

34

MD/MS – Ophthalmology

11

35

MS – ENT

5

36

MS – General Surgery

16

37

MS – Orthopaedics

7

 

Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi was last modified: March 25th, 2016 by Advai T


Follow Us Twitter Facebook Google+
Email: mbbsmdms@mbbsmdms.com

Advai T

Advai T

Author is Hyderabad-based Content Writer & Digital Marketer to ATBanzara Education, Srswati, and Blogzense.

For Admission Guidance under NEET Merit / NRI Quota and for expert advice for Recognized seat / college.

Fill the form below

Pictures / Photos / Images used in this article or post is for representational purposes only.

To Receive Medical Entrance Exam Notifications in your email.

Send your requirement by Filling the form below

Do you Need Admission Guidance & Information of Medical Colleges in your Inbox ?

* indicates required
Select