MCI Permitted New Medical Colleges List of Tamil Nadu.
MCI has permitted the state of Tamil Nadu to set up 2 new medical colleges. The 1st MBBS institution in the list is Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research at Coimbatore.
2nd in the list is Government Sivagangai Medical College at Sivaganga. Both of the MCI Permitted new MBBS Institutions present in the list are affiliated to Dr. MGR Medical University T.N.
Given below is the MCI permitted New Colleges list in Tamil Nadu for perusal:
List of MCI Permitted Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu
Name of Institutions
Govt. Quota Seats
TPPCA Quota Seats
MBBS Total Seats
|1||Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research||Coimbatore|
Dr. MGR Medical University T.N.
|2||Government Sivagangai Medical College|
Dr. MGR Medical University T.N.
MCI Permitted New Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu have 250 MBBS Seats
- The aspirants from the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible for admission in the above mentioned list of MCI Permitted new colleges for the 85 seats in Government Sivagangai Medical College, Sivaganga & 15 seats allotted to All India PMT quota. Another 98 seats from Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore are also allotted to qualified candidates in government quota seats.
- The TPPCA (Tamil Nadu Private Professional Colleges Association), aspirants from the state and All India are eligible for admission in Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research in the above mentioned list of MCI Permitted new Institutions for the 52 MBBS seats.
- The Management / NRI quota aspirants are advised to plan for the MBBS Seats and approach the management of Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore mentioned in the list of MCI permitted new MBBS Colleges & submits their application to the management of the institution.
- Based on your credentials you will become eligible for admission in one of the MBBS institution present in the list of MCI permitted 2 new MBBS colleges, subject to availability of seats and eligibility criteria.
Affiliated to Dr. MGR Medical University T.N
- Both of the MCI permitted new Institutions present in the list are affiliated to Dr. MGR Medical University.
- The degree awarded by the Dr. MGR Medical University is recognized in India and in the world.
Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Both of the above colleges mentioned in the list of MCI Permitted new MBBS colleges are approved by MCI under the section 10(A) of the IMC Act.
- The MBBS institution present in the MCI permitted new Institutions list provides admission to the eligible students into the first year of MBBS course selected by marks obtained in the Tamil Nadu Board Examination for local students of 12th Class & Intermediate
MBBS Admission by DME / TPPCA
- Seats are allotted by marks obtained in the Tamil Nadu Board Examination for local students of 12th Class & Intermediate.
- The process of admission is conducted by DME (Directorate Medical Education) of Tamil Nadu for admitting the eligible candidates into the colleges present in the list of MCI permitted new Institutions for total seats in Government College and 65 % of the total seats of private college.
- For Non-Tamil Nadu students a common entrance test is conducted by TPPCA (Tamil Nadu Private Professional Colleges Association) for the remaining 35% seats.
- The eligibility to appear for the entrance for admission into one of the MBBS Institution from the list of MCI Permitted new colleges is that students from the state of Tamil Nadu who will be completing 17 years on 31 December in the year of joining;
- Must have Physics, Chemistry, & Biology / Biotechnology as their subjects in their 12th Class or Intermediate;
- Must have achieved atleast 60 marks in single attempt in an average of the above mentioned 3 subjects and having English as one of the subject.
- Atleast 55 marks for Most Backward Classes & 40% for SC/ST category, all in single attempt.
DME (Directorate Medical Education) for MBBS Course
DME on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu conducts the selection process for determining the eligibility / merit, for admission of local candidates to full-time courses of UG in colleges within the State affiliated to Dr. MGR Medical University.
“Only Tamil Nadu locals are eligible for choice of Government seats in Government, Aided, Private Unaided Minority / Non-minority institutions through DME.”
Marks obtained in the 12th Board Examinations is the prerequisite for admission into MBBS offered in the Government / Private Institutions in the state of Tamil Nadu for the eligible students. The yearly tuition fees in Government Sivagangai Medical College is Rs 4000/- Only.
TPPCA for MBBS Course
TPPCA (Tamil Nadu Private Professional Colleges Association), a private un-aided educational institutions association, conducts a parallel entrance test to fill some part of the seats of colleges in Tamil Nadu.
“Non-Tamil Nadu students and students, who are not eligible to be considered in the Tamil Nadu Quota, can appear for the TPPCA (Tamil Nadu Private Professional Colleges Association) conducted entrance examination.”
The TPPCA entrance examination is the prerequisite for admission into MBBS Courses offered in the Private Colleges in the state for the students who are from non-Tamil Nadu states and for students who are not eligible for DME merit list. The tuition fees in Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research is Rs. 250000/-
MBBS Admission in Management Quota / NRI Quota Seats in Tamil Nadu
- Management / NRI Quota seats are available in the Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research Coimbatore; present in the list of MCI permitted new MBBS colleges for eligible candidates from India.
- A separate notification will come in newspapers for admission into the MBBS institutions present in the list of MCI permitted new colleges in Tamil Nadu under management / NRI quota and the students have to apply separately.
Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore
Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research located at Coimbatore is 1st in the list of the 2 new colleges. The owners of this MCI permitted new MBBS institution are the reputed group of Karpagam.
“Our expectations are enormous since the reputation of the Brand Karpagam is entrenched in the minds of the world in general and Indians in particular.”
We are confident that this MCI permitted new MBBS institution will produce top class doctors to serve the people of India in general and Tamil Nadu in particular.
Name of Group
Name of Institution
Phone / Email
Karpagam Charity Trust
Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research
Pollachi Main Road, Othakkalmandapam, Coimbatore – 641 032.
|Phone: +91-422-6464433, 6452888, 6471113 Email:[email protected], Email:[email protected], Email:[email protected]|
Government Sivagangai Medical College, Sivaganga
Government Sivagangai Medical College is located at Sivaganga, is 2nd in the list of the 2 new colleges. The owners of this MCI permitted new MBBS institution is government of Tamil Nadu.
“The government is having many Engineering, MBA and various educational institutions under its control & regulation.”
The inhabitants of Sivaganga deserve to have a MCI permitted new MBBS institution and the government of Tamil Nadu is equipped to manage the MCI Permitted MBBS institution.
Name of Group
Name of Institution
Phone / Email
( A Unit of Government of Tamil Nadu )
Government Sivagangai Medical College
Manamadurai Road, Melavaniankudi Village, Sivaganga 630 561
The above mentioned content gives us extensive information about the MBBS institutions present in the list of MCI Permitted New Colleges. Hoping this article gives you a fair amount of information available in the new Colleges list of Tamil Nadu adding more 250 MBBS seats for the academic year 2012-13.
Details provided in the list of MCI Permitted new colleges in Tamil Nadu are inconclusive.
We expect you to please tell us if you find discrepancies in the list. We assure to update the list.
Note: If the above article does not answer your question or you have a different question on MCI Permitted new Colleges List of India. You may ask your question or give your experience or give your valuable comment / reply to this article “MCI Permitted New Medical Colleges List of Tamil Nadu.”