UG COMEDK medical exam for this academic year of 2016 is expected to be conducted on 8 May 2016.
This is the information as per the latest official update on the COMEDK website.
If there is any change in exact date. This would be updated on this website as soon as the official date is announced by COMEDK.
MBBS aspirants of India, it is time for you to pull up your socks. Entrance date of UG-COMEDK Medical 2016 is going to be conducted on 8 May 2016.
- The entrance exam is expected to take place in different cities of important centers in India.
- This academic year the entrance exam is expected to be conducted by COMEDK.
KPCF and KUPECA have entrusted the onus of responsibility to COMEDK for organizing the UG-COMEDK entrance exam.
Thus COMEDK shoulders the total responsibility of conducting the entrance exam as well as the seat selection process.
UG COMEDK Entrance for admission in 14 Medical Colleges of Karnataka
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Balagangadharanatha Nagara.
- Basaveshwara Medical College And Hospital, Chitradurga.
- S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre, Bagalkot.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore.
- H.K.E. Society’s M.R. Medical College, Gulbarga.
- J.J.M.Medical College, Davangere.
- K V G Medical College, Sullia.
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore.
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
- S S Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Davangere.
- Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore.
- SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad.
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore.
- Shridevi Institute Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur.
There are totally 1800 MBBS seats available for admission in the above mentioned medical colleges.
The number of seats allotted to COMEDK qualified candidate would be updated in the COMEDK website.
- The UG-COMEDK medical entrance would be conducted for admission in the 14 MCI approved and recognized in Karnataka medical colleges.
- The UG COMEDK duration would be 3 hours.
- The pattern of UG-COMEDK exam would be multiple choice questions computer based examination with questions from Botany, Zoology, Physics and Chemistry syllabus of 10+2 / Higher Secondary or equivalent prescribed books.
Aspirants from All India desirous to apply for UG COMEDK need to know the eligibility criteria before applying.
- The candidate must have already completed or will be completing this academic year in 10+2 or Higher Secondary or equivalent with Biology / Biotechnology, Physics & Chemistry.
- The percentage of marks in the 3 science subject is 50%.
- However the percentage of marks for reserved category would be 40% for SC, ST & OBC candidates of Karnataka.
- Candidate must have completed 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
The qualifying marks for getting a rank in COMEDK is 50% in physics, chemistry & biology. Also you should get 50% or above marks in English to get a rank.
Or else you will be not qualified to get a rank in COMEDK even if you have got more than 50% marks in physics, chemistry & biology together.
You are not allowed to apply for UG COMEDK if you:
- Have qualified PUC / 10+2 / equivalent prior to 2014.
- Qualified the COMEDK, got a MBBS seat but failed to take admission.
- Qualified COMEDK but failed to surrender the seat.
- Got admission in MBBS through COMEDK but failed to pursue the MBBS course.
- Are already pursuing MBBS Course anywhere in India.
- Are Caught in malpractices like impersonating or entertaining touts.