Price for banking cord blood at Southern Cord for 20 years is between $3,000 to $3,300, and in another plan the price for enrolling into 10-years is slightly higher than $2,000 but less than $2, 300. The pricing of company is less than the national average.
Southern Cordcord blood bank came into existence in the year 2007. The blood bank is located at 601 Genomeway Suite 1200, Huntsville, Alabama 35806. Photo Credit – Banc / Flickr
Licensing & Accreditation of Southern Cord
Southern Cord is licensed and FDA registered. The cord-blood bank has its accreditation with CLIA and AABB.
Services for Banking Cord Blood at Southern Cord
The services assured for banking cord blood at Southern Cord are Cord-blood Banking and Maternal blood Testing. The Cord Blood can be used for Analogous Purpose and for Family Use as well.
The method adopted for storage of cord-blood is in a sterilized bag and Buffy Coat.
The laboratory report at Southern Cord covers the Blood Type, Cell Viability, Sterility Cultures, Total Nucleated Cell Count and Total Volume of Cord Blood.
Price for Banking Cord Blood at Southern Cord
The company’s Price look moderate and has 4 types of enrollment plans suiting the parents need. The parents have the choice of storing cord-blood at Southern Cord in a 1-year plan, 5 years plan, 10 years plan and 20 years enrollment plan.
Pricing for Banking Cord Blood at SouthernCord
All of these plans have a one time fee along with annual storage fee
- The price for 1 year plan is $1,450,
- For 5 years plan is around $1,700,
- For 10 years plan is around $2,200 and
- Last plan is 20 years around $3,200.
Annual Cord Blood Storage Fee – Southern Cord charges $100 Annual Storage Fee for storing.
Discounts – Southern Cord at the time of writing this article does not offer any discount with regard to cord blood
Southern Cord Compares Price with other banks of US
Southern Cord Cord Blood Bank as per our study looks considerably lower in comparison with other banks of United States.
- 1-year enrollment plan charges are around $1,450 and is lesser in comparison with all other cord blood banks of US which are priced at more than $1,600.
- 5-year enrollment is around $1,700 and is almost lesser to others which are priced at more than $2,000.
- 10-year enrollment plan is around $2,200 and is much lesser to others which are priced at more than $2,600.
- 20-year enrollment plan is around $3,200 and is slightly considerably lower than others which are priced at more than $3,600.
- All figures are approximate only.
Cord Blood Shipping At Southern Cord
Southern Cord Cord-blood Bank has its shipping in place and the medical courier service entrusted to professional courier by the name FedEx . Shipping cost of courier is included in the enrollment.
Find Out more details – For knowing the latest updated prices for banking at Southern Cord you can reach by
Phone – (256) 564-7088
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Address – 601 Genomeway Suite 1200, Huntsville Alabama 35806. Parents interested in banking cord blood at Southern Cord can also visit www.southerncord.com