Calcutta National Medical College. Founded 1948. MBBS 150 Seats. PG 64 Seats.
The National Medical College is one of the oldest Government medical institutions in Kolkata, West Bengal for studying MBBS, MD, MS, MCh and Diploma Courses.
The college came into existence in the year 1948. The affiliation of this institution is to West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Do you know the present name Calcutta National Medical College is the 3rd and final name change.
- The first name was Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons in 1907.
- The 2nd name change was merely called National Medical College.
- The final name only prefixed Calcutta to National Medical College.
MBBS / MD / MS / MCH / Diploma Courses – The National Medical College in Kolkata, West Bengal undertakes the teaching and training of students for under-graduate course of MBBS and post-graduate courses of MD, MS, MCH and Diploma. The medical college and the medical courses are recognized by Medical Council of India.
Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal
- State West Bengal
- Name of Medical College: Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Affiliated University: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Management: Government
- Year of Establishment: 1948
- MBBS Seats: 150
- PG Seats: 64
Photos – Flickr
Brief Details about Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal
The brief details are given below for the aspirants looking for admission in the Medical college in Kolkata, West Bengal. The details include contact details, facilities, year of establishment, recognition, accreditation, etc.
College Name Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal
Year of Establishment 1948
Address Govt. of West Bengal, 32, Gorachand Road Kolkata, West Bengal
Telephone +91- 33 – 22440555, 22844834, 22843582, 23217291
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile +91- 9433143121
MBBS Seats 150 Seats. MBBS Admissions in Calcutta National Med. College, Kolkata, West Bengal through Competitive Entrance Examination in West Bengal.
PG Seats 64 Seats. PG Medical Admissions in Calcutta National Med. College, Kolkata, West Bengal through Competitive Entrance Examination.
Recognition Courses recognized by Medical Council of India
PG Specialization – MD, MS, MCH & Diploma in Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal
The post graduate specializations of 64 seats of 16 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal. Admissions are made based on the ranks obtained in all India as well as at state level Entrance Examination.
PG Specializations Calcutta National Med. College, Kolkata, West Bengal PG Seats
- Diploma in Anesthesia 4
- M.Ch – Neuro Surgery 1
- M.Ch – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery 2
- MD – Anaesthesiology 6
- MD – Bio-Chemistry 2
- MD – General Medicine 10
- MD – Microbiology 2
- MD – Paediatrics 3
- MD – Pathology 2
- MD – Psychiatry 2
- MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine 2
- MD/MS – Anatomy 2
- MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology 10
- MD/MS – Ophthalmology 2
- MS – ENT 2
- MS – General Surgery 9
N E W S
- Recognized for 150 seats. Permitted for renewal of permission for increase of seats from 150 to 200 u/s 10(A) for 2016-17.
- Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata have been given recognition for 150 seats.
- Medical Council of India (MCI) under section 10 (A) has given permission to Calcutta National Medical College for increase of MBBS seats for admission for the academic year 2016-17 from 150 to 200. That is, additional 50 seats.