COMEDK PGET – This article will walk and talk you. About the Post Graduation Entrance Exam. Of the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental educational institutions of Karnataka.
The short form abbreviation of this association of private colleges is also called COMEDK.
Since this is post graduation entrance test. Hence called PGET. Since this is for the academic year 2016. Thus it is called COMEDK PGET 2016.
- Starting from the year 2016 introduction of entrance by CBT method. CBT means Computer Based Test.
- This test will be conducted online.
- There are nearly 600 seats for Medical and Dental admissions.
- All of these seats are available. For admission in the member educational institutions of COMEDK.
- Eligible applicants from all over India. Can write this entrance examination.
Candidates need to qualify with merit. In order take admission in the PG medical courses of various specializations.
COMEDK PGET – Important Dates to Remember. There are some important dates that the candidates. Who are thinking to apply to the PGET 2016. Would care to remember.
- That the online registration for the PG entrance exam of COMEDK. Have started from 10 November 2016.
- Registrations would end on 2 Jan 2016.
- So MBBS graduates who have completed their compulsory rotating internship.
- Or expected to finish before 30 April 2016.
- Must hurry to get yourself registered before 2 Jan 2016.
- Register immediately if you are planning to get PG Medical admission for academic year 2016.
- Qualified and top ranked candidates get admission in one of the member institution of COMEDK.
- The computer based entrance test is on 17 Jan 2016.
The results are expected to be announced on 5 February 2016.
The member institutions of COMEDK consider the results of the entrance examination for admission,
- Based on the merit and rank of the candidates qualified in the computer based test,
- And to candidates with a valid test score are given admission for the academic year 2016.
There would be another separate entrance test for different specializations of PG Medical streams.
COMEDK PGET – Application Form. Candidates who are eligible can fill the application form.
Your details to be included in the application form must be your name, date of birth, Email ID, Mobile phone number, latest photograph, your signature and finally your course and interest of your specialization.
- Every year the following steps are taken while filling the application form.
- To start with first you should request for an application form and this is done by submitting RFA. RFA means Request For Application.
- When the RFA is done then you will get the applicant’s login details along with the password ready for your future logins.
- After login you will need to fill the Online Application Form which in short abbreviated as OAF.
The next sequence of step will help you generate application number.
And thus finally you can send the hard copy physical application form which in short is PAF.
COMEDK PGET – Eligibliity Criteria. Before going for applying for COMEDK PGET it is important that you meet the eligibility criteria laid down by the examining authority of COMEDK.
- The first and the basic criteria is that you meet the entire (rules and regulations) requirements as laid down by Medical Council of India.
- Second that you have completed your MBBS degree from a MCI recognized institution.
- Your percentage becomes very important that it should not be less than 50% for General Category applicants.
- However, the minimum percentage for Other Backward Communities of Karnataka should not be less than 40%.
- Same is the case of SC/ST candidates also that the minimum percentage should not be less than 40%.
- When it comes to compulsory rotating internship then you should complete it on or before 30 April of the PGCET applying academic year.
- That is, if it is 2016 then it should be on or before 30 April 2016.
The last but not the least eligibility criteria should be. That your permanent registration is done with MCI. Or with the State Medical Council.
COMEDK PG Entrance Test – Unacceptable Conditions. However there are some more eligibility criteria which will not allow a candidate. To take admission in the (COMEDK) Consortium of Medical, Engineering, Dental colleges of Karnataka.
- They are as follows: First one is that you will not be allowed. To apply or take admission in the COMEDK PGET.
- Or if you are already holding a PG medical degree of any other specialization.
- Second unacceptability comes up. If you are already pursuing PG Medical course of any specialization in the COMEDK group of institutions.
- Or even by passing the COMEDK PGET in the earlier academic years.
- The third one is that in the previous years. You got selected in COMEDK PG courses.
- But did not join the COMEDK institution.
- The fourth is that you got selected. You did not join.
- Or also did not surrender the said PG seat. To the authorities of COMEDK.
- The fifth non-acceptable criteria are that. You joined the PG seat.
- But failed to pursue the PG Medical course.
The sixth condition is that. You have been debarred by COMEDK Examination authorities in the past.
COMEDK PG Entrance Test – Test Admission Test (TAT) / Admit Card. The admit card which in the jargon of COMEDK is called Test Admission Ticket (TAT) is issued two weeks in advance to the applicants of COMEDK PGET.
This test admission ticket TAT is an admit card allowing the applicant to appear for the PGET of COMEDK and needs to be present with the applicant till the admission process is completed.
The information contained in the TAT is the:
- TAT number.
- Applicant’s name.
- Address of the applicant.
- Entrance Test Center.
- Finally the date & time on which the COMEDK PG entrance test is held.