Allowing BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Graduates for Lateral Entry into MBBS looks positively practical.
Since the demand for Lateral Entry into MBBS is immense.
The candidates who are nursing ambition for lateral entry are graduates of BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Degree.
The experienced as well as the fresh graduates from the above mentioned faculties are seriously looking for opportunities to jump and enroll into 3rd year of MBBS.
Dental, Nursing and Para Medical Graduates look positive to adapt.
- The fresh graduates of BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Degree contend that a lot of common subjects between their faculty of graduation and MBBS, and hence it is proper to make a lateral entry.
- The experienced graduates of BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Degree emphasize,
- that they are regularly treating patients and feel,
- that they could easily adapt to the studies of MBBS by lateral entry into 3rd year.
Will MCI & Ministry of Health & Family Welfare agree to allow Lateral Entry into MBBS?
- Well, only the experts in the world of allopathic doctors, officials from MCI and babus of,
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare are qualified to discuss the issue and take initiative.
- Well as the minister has stated once that there is shortage of doctors in our country.
- In such a situation allowing graduates of BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Degree,
- for lateral entry into MBBS will decrease the gap of the ratio of doctor-to-patient in India.
MBBS Colleges Are Not Enough to accommodate
- Even if allowed for lateral entry in the coming years, there are not enough MBBS Colleges in India to accommodate such aspirants.
- In such a scenario the BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Graduates will go outside India to Europe, America and certain part of Asia where lateral entry is allowed.
- If MCI and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare allow the lateral entry, then
- it is certain that India will reduce the gap of doctor to patient ratio.
Humble Suggestion to MOHW & MCI
- It is suggested only as an opinion to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and MCI that the BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Graduates fresh and experienced be allowed for lateral entry.
- A Screening test conducted after completion of MBBS will test the mettle of these Neo-lateral entry MBBS degree holder.
- A Compulsory rural posting will decrease the doctor per villager ratio.
Advantages of Allowing
- The BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Graduates are the self motivated and enough trained to understand the psychology of the patients as well the basics of the subjects of MBBS syllabus.
- Their inertia to enroll into MBBS along with their interest is inborn due to their exposure to the subjects in their graduation study.
- They have the aptitude as well as the attitude towards becoming a doctor.
The Combined Factors
The combination of the above mentioned factors cannot be undermined. All they are asking is to cut 2 years duration of study.
If the humble request of BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Graduates is fulfilled, then we are sure it would be a world of good for the health care community of India in particular and the world in general.
Note: If the above article does not answer your question or you have another question about BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS BHMS & Para medical degree holder for lateral entry.
You may ask your question or give your experience or give your valuable comment / reply to this article “Is Allowing BDS BSc Nursing BPT BAMS BHMS Para Medical Graduates for Lateral Entry into MBBS practical?”