Kerala PG Entrance Exam aspirants would be happy to note that Kerala PG Medical is an entrance examination conducted by CEE under the aegis of Government of Kerala.
The Entrance Exam is for the candidates of Kerala seeking admission in MD / MS / PG Diploma Courses in the government medical colleges of Kerala.
The eligible MBBS graduates of Kerala should have completed their internship or who will complete their internship by 31 March of the applying academic year.
Total PG seats 259. Out of these 78 seats are PG Diploma courses.
The contents in the following paragraphs will help you know about Kerala PG Entrance Exam’s application procedure, details of the paper pen based test, locations of centers for test, start date of application and last date for submission of filled application form.
If you are looking for applying to Kerala PG Entrance Exam?
- Then you need to know that the last date for applying is 28 December 2015 and the application form is available from 14 December 2015.
- This is as per the announcement made by Commissioner of Entrance Examination Kerala whose abbreviation is CEE.
- The candidates who are eligible and would like to pursue MD or MS or PG Diploma courses in Government Medical Colleges of Kerala will have to appear for PG medical entrance exam popularly known as Kerala PG 2016.
The Kerala PG Entrance Exam is scheduled to be held on 31 January 2016 in the following centers of Thiruvanathapuram, Kozhikode and Ernakulam.
Kerala PG Entrance Exam – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion becomes the most important requisite is that the candidate must be an Indian citizen of Kerala domicile.
- Should have finished MBBS from a MCI recognized medical college.
- And that he or she must have completed internship or completing internship before 31 March of the applying academic year.
When it comes to age limit, then for your kind information there is no upper age limit.
Kerala PG Entrance Exam – Application Procedure
Application Procedure is a very simple process wherein the applications form is available online only.
- You have to fill the application form online and submitted online only.
- Then you need to take a print out and other relevant documents to be sent to the address as given below:
- Commissioner of Entrance Examination
5th Floor, Upper Zone, Housing Board Buildings,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
The last date deadline of receipt of filled in application form at the above address is 28 December 2015
Application Fee – Not to forget the application fee for General / Service Quota is Rs 1000/-.
- However, the SC/CT quota candidates need to pay only Rs 500/- as application fees.
- Please note that the candidate under services quota seeking to join PG courses in General quota need to pay extra sum of Rs 1000/-
Kerala PG Entrance Exam – Online & Offline Mode –
Aspirants looking to apply for Kerala PG 2016 would be happy to know that you can apply in two methods.
- One method is online and the other offline. In the offline method the candidates can remit the fee online as well as fill the application form online.
- The payment can be made offline also.
- Before filling the application form, please read the application procedure carefully.
After filling the application you can take the printout and send it to Commissioner of Entrance Examination Kerala (CEE).
Kerala PG Entrance Exam – Paper I & Paper II
Dear applicants of Kerala PG Medical 2016 please be informed that there are 259 seats available for admission in Master of Doctor (MD) / Master of Surgery (MS).
- And when it comes to PG Diploma, there are 78 seats available for admission in the Government Medical Colleges of Kerala.
- The entrance exam of Kerala PG 2016 is a state level that would be conducted on pen & paper mode.
- As usual the syllabus is from your MBBS undergraduate subjects.
- The pattern of Kerala PG 2016 entrance examination will consist of two papers Paper I and Paper II.
- The Pre-clinical and Para-clinical subjects would be covered in the Paper I.
- Whereas the Clinical Subjects would be covered in Paper II. Please note that there are negative marks for incorrect answer.
- The negative mark deducted would be 1.
- However, for every right answer you will be awarded 4 marks.
Kerala PG Entrance Exam – Schedule of Events – Now comes the scheduled events of the entrance examination of Kerala PG 2016.
- The schedules of events are as per the announcement made by Commissioner Entrance Examination of Kerala.
- They are as follows:
- 14 December 2015 – The candidates can start applying online to fill the application form.
- 28 December 2015 – The last date deadline for receipt of Kerala PG 2016 application form.
- Before this date the candidate must fill the online application form completely in all respects.
- January 2016 – In this month the online admit card will be uploaded.
- 31 January 2016 – Entrance Exam date of Kerala PG 2016
February 2016 – This month is important because the results of Kerala PG 2016 will be declared.