Latest MBBS Admission information useful to the NEET qualified students is in the following paragraphs for you.
With the medical education authorities of central and state governments announcing document verification and counseling schedules.
The students and parent are busy chalking out their travelling plan to attend the MBBS admission rigmaroles.
MBBS Admission Information for the medical aspirants
We have jotted certain important admission related news below.
The information below may be useful and resourceful to the students and guardians; who are going to attend the counseling and allotment of MBBS seats in various government and self-financing institutions .
High Court Reserves Orders On Plea Against TN GO On MBBS Admission
Madras High Court today orders for admission process of MBBS courses in Tamil Nadu a status quo for state government order reserving 85% seats to state board students and 15% for CBSE & others..
- 4.30 lakh Tamil Nadu students are under state board. 84,000 appeared for NEET. Out of 4,000 CBSE students, 2,000 had taken NEET.
- 2,000 state board students and 520 CBSE students would get chance for medical seats.(85% -15% quota basis)
Document Verification by Karnataka Education Authority started from July 11
The documents verification to take place at Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore, Shimoga, Davangere, Belgaum, Dharward, Bellary and Gulbarga.
- Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) announced the ‘Document Verification’ for Admission to MBBS course to the NEET qualified candidates of 2017.
- Non-Karnataka and NRI candidates to attend verification only at Bangalore.
Parents and students in Karnataka fears losing 1,000 MBBS seats to Non-Karnataka candidates
Apprehensions in Karnataka that the seat matrix of private medical colleges is skewed.
- Parents question, why Karnataka government prioritizing students from other states when other states are not doing it.
- Domicile status shorter is Karnataka, It is seven years. Maharashtra 10 years and West Bengal, 15. Local students and parents of Karnataka want the government should look into this.
- Fees in Karnataka’s private medical colleges is Rs 6, 32,000, while other states charge colleges charge around Rs 12, 00,000.
All India Quota MBBS seats for the year 2017 in Kerala are 3705
Among the available seats under All India Quota, there are 194 seats in various Government Medical Colleges in Kerala
As many as 42,224 candidates of Tamil Nadu apply for MBBS course
In Tamil Nadu, 42,224 candidates applied for MBBS course at various government and self-financing colleges.
- 7,450 forms downloaded from the website.
- Issue of 43,206 forms in 2017.
- 31,040 forms issued for the government quota seats, 12,166 forms in management quota seats of self-financing colleges.
- Candidates can get access to the details by visiting website http://www. tnmedicalselection.org/.
- Candidates with application number, NEET registration number and roll number; can track the status of their applications for management quota or government quota seats.
- 2,594 seats available in government medical colleges; and 783 government quota seats in self-financing medical colleges.
- Management quota seats are 517 seats in medical colleges.
Hoping the above MBBS admission information is helpful and resource to NEET qualified candidates.