MCI has permitted the state of Odisha to set up one new medical college for admissions in the academic year 2012-13.
This new medical college joins to the list of existing 6 MBBS institutions of Odisha.
The MCI Permitted new medical college is set up by Hitech Group & Western Odisha Developmental Council, and the name of the MBBS Institution is Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela.
“This MCI Permitted new MBBS College is affiliated to Sambalpur University.”
Given below are the details of the New Medical College for perusal:
Name of MBBS College
WODC Area Quota Seats
NRI Quota Seats
OJEE Quota Seats
Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela
MCI Permitted New Medical College in Odisha has 100 MBBS Seats
- The aspirants from the state are eligible for admission in the above mentioned MCI Permitted new MBBS College for the 100 MBBS seats. 85 seats are open for the students of Odisha who are appearing for OJEE and the remaining is for NRI quota students.
- Based on your rank in Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) you will become eligible for admission in the MCI permitted new MBBS institution, subject to availability of seats and eligibility criteria.
- 10% of seats of MBBS seats in Hi-Tech Medical College, Rourkela, are reserved for eligible candidates belonging to Western Odisha Development Council (WODC) area incorporating 10 districts, namely Boudh, Bargarh, Bolangir, Deogarh, Kalahandi, Nuapada, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Subarnapur, Sundargarh and Athamallik subdivision (Kishore Nagar and Atahmallik Tahsils) of Angul district.
- The Management / NRI quota aspirants are advised to plan for the 15 MBBS Seats and approach the management of this MCI permitted new MBBS College & submits their application to the management of the institution.
Affiliated to Sambalpur University
- Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela is affiliated to Sambalpur University.
- The degree awarded by the Sambalpur University is recognized in India and in the world.
Approved by Medical Council of India
- The above mentioned MCI permitted MBBS Institution is approved by Medical Council of India under the section 10(A) of the Indian Medical Council Act.
- The MCI Permitted medical institution provides admission to the eligible students of the state into the first year of MBBS course selected by a common entrance test conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE).
MBBS Admission by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)
- Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) is conducted for admitting the eligible candidates into the first year MBBS courses of MCI permitted new MBBS College in Odisha on merit achieved in the entrance test.
- The eligibility to appear for the entrance for admission into the MCI Permitted MBBS College is that students from the state of Odisha who will be completing 17 years on 31 December in the year of joining; The upper age limit shall be 25 years. Relaxation of 3 years of Upper age limit for SC/ST candidates.
- Must have Physics, Chemistry, & Biology / Biotechnology as their subjects in their 12th Class or Intermediate;
- Must have achieved a minimum of 50 marks for general category / a minimum of 40 marks for SC/ST/BC category candidates in an average of the above mentioned 3 subjects and having English as one of the subject.
MBBS Admission in Management Quota / NRI Quota Seats in Odisha
- Management / NRI Quota of 15% of the total seats are available in this MCI permitted new medical college for eligible candidates from India may be filled up strictly from the merit list of All India Medical Entrance Examination, conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.
- A separate notification will come in newspapers for admission into the MCI permitted new medical institution of Odisha under NRI quota and the students have to apply separately.
- The yearly fees in this new MBBS institution as decided by the Orissa Professional Educational Institutions is Rs. 4,25,000/- per annum
- NRI Quota seats will be 4 times than the regular fee.
Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela, Odisha
Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital is located at Rourkela. Hi-Tech Group in collaboration with the Western Odisha Development Council (WODC) took up the responsibility for establishment and management of the MCI permitted new MBBS Institution in Rourkela.
“Hi-Tech Group and Western Odisha Development Council (WODC) in combination will manage the affairs of this MCI permitted new MBBS institution.”
We are confident that this MCI permitted new MBBS institution will produce top class doctors to serve the people of India in general and Odisha in particular.
Name of Group
Name of MBBS Institution
Hi-Tech Group (Vigyan Bharati Charitable Trust)
Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela
Health Park, R.G.H. Campus, Rourkela, Dist – Sundargarh, Odisha Rourkela
The above mentioned content gives us extensive information about the MCI Permitted new MBBS institution. Hoping this article gives you a fair amount of information about the New MBBS Institution of adding more 100 MBBS seats for the academic year 2012-13.
“Details provided about the MCI Permitted MBBS institution are inconclusive. We expect you to please inform us if you find discrepancies in the list. We assure to update the list.”
Note: If the above article does not answer your question or you have a different question on MCI Permitted MBBS Institutions List of India. You may ask your question or contribute your experience or give your valuable comment / reply to this article “MCI Permitted New Medical College in Odisha.”