MD General Medicine in Karnataka. 282 Seats in 32 Colleges.
MD General Medicine is in-demand branch of specialization, next in line to Radiology, Orthopaedics and Paediatrics. The preference of most students of Karnataka. Every medical college in Karnataka would never miss an opportunity to increase the seats to meet the students demand.
MD General Medicine Seats Recognized or To-Be-recognized – Seats’ that are recognized and to-be-recognized in the medical colleges of Karnataka are mentioned in this article for the benefit of the aspirants of Karnataka and India. The entrance exams conducted for admitting MBBS aspirants are PGCET, COMEDK, KRLMPCA & autonomously that of Deemed Institutions in Karnataka.
MD General Medicine Seats in Medical Colleges of Karnataka
General Medicine specialization PG seats in the 33 medical colleges in Karnataka have 282 recognized as well as permitted or to-be-recognized seats. These seats are available for admission based on the competitive entrance examination conducted by the college or the group of colleges.
- The seats are given the recognition status by Medical Council of India.
- Some seats are permitted under section 10 (A) of IMC Act.
- Permitted seats are generally granted recognition after completion of 3 years starting from the day permission is given by MCI.
The MD General Medicine seats in government institutions are 57, in private trust managed institutions are 130 and in deemed university medical institutions are 95. MD General Medicine in Medical Colleges of Karnataka
Affiliated Universities of Karnataka – The affiliated universities of the 33 government or private or deemed medical colleges of Karnataka having General Medicine specialization MD seats are mentioned below for your notice.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- BLDE University, Bijapur
- KLE University, Belgaum
- Sri Devaraj Urs University, Kolar
- Sri Siddhartha University, Tumkur
- Nitte University, Mangalore
- Yenepoya University, Mangalore
- Manipal University, Manipal
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Deemed University
- JSS University Mysore
PG Medical Common Entrance Examinations in Karnataka – PGCET, COMEDK, St. Johns, KRLMPCA and the Deemed Colleges, conducts the entrance examinations under their respective aegis to select aspirants for admission into MD General Medicine Course.
The notifications start in the month of November & December.
Application submitting last dates starts from the last week of December to the first week of February.
PG Entrance Exams in Karnataka – The following are the entrance examinations held at different dates enabling the aspirant to appear for the test.
The medical aspirants from Karnataka and India may check up for the entrance exams notifications in Newspapers as well as on websites.
- BLDEA B M Patil PG Entrance
- KLE Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College PG Entrance
- Dev Raj Urs Kolar PG Entrance
- Sri Siddhartha Medical PG Entrance
- K S Hegde Mangalore PG Entrance
- Yenepoya Medical College Mangalore PG Entrance
- Manipal University PG Entrance
- NIMHANS PG Entrance
- JSS University Mysore, PG Admission
- KRLMPCA PG Entrance For Minority Colleges
- St. Johns Bangalore PG Entrance
The entrance exams every year starts from first week of January till the first week of February. The students need to start planning & preparations from the first week of October. For more accurate details about MD General Medicine seats in Karnataka, please visit the college or MCI website.