Study MD in Philippines – We are aware that there are number of students from India who would like to go and study MD in Philippines to acquire a medical degree. The students would be interested to contact the medical colleges in Philippines and find out the eligibility criteria and the procedure for admission into MD in Philippines. The education model is similar to United States of America.
Since the students require proper consultancy or advise in India before going to pursue MD in Philippines. So that the student would get the first hand information about the college by interacting and communicating with the administration and admission counselor of the various medical universities of Philippines.
Get yourself abreast of the the latest information. We will also let you know the resources and websites to find the recognition of these medical colleges by Medical Council of India as well as other accreditation bodies of the world.
In India the medical degree awarded to the student is MBBS; however the same medical degree when it is awarded in Philippines it is called MD (Doctor of Medicine). The duration of MD in Philippines is 4 years only for the students who have completed degree in science. However for the students who have completed 10+2 or 12th and looking to study medical course in Philippines, then it is 5 and half year.
Hence it is to be noted that students from India wishing to go to study MD in Philippines, should keep in mind that students of 12th class pass have to study 5 years and half. One more important thing to be noted that you will not be admitted into direct medical course. For the first one and half years you will trained for the science subjects and then you will be admitted into the 4 years course. Hence after one half year you will be enrolled into MD Course.
Thus after you reach Philippines, you will have to wait for one and half year to get into MD Course. It is important to follow this procedure. The degree acquired by you in this procedure is recognized by Medical Council of India as well as all accredited bodies of the world like WHO, IMED, ECFMG etc. Please don’t get misled by anyone that medical course in Philippines is 4 years for 10+2 pass students.
List of Medical Colleges for studying MD in Philippines
- AGO Medical and Educational Center,Bicol Christian College of Medicine (BCCM)
- Angeles University,
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University
- Cagayan State University
- Cebu Doctor’s College of Medicine Faculty of Medicine
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation College of Medicine
- De La Salle University – Dasmariñas College of Medicine (DLSU-D)
- Far Eastern University, Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Institute of Medicine (FEU-NMRF)
- Fatima Medical Science Foundation Fatima College of Medicine
- Iloilo Doctor’s College of Medicine
- Lyceum Northwestern University,
- Manila Central University,
- Mindanao State University,
- Misamis University Medical Center,
- Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation,
- Saint Louis University,
- Southwestern University,
- St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine,
- William H. Quasha Memorial Foundation
- University of Perpetual Help Laguna,
- University of Santo Tomas,
- University of the City of Manila,
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical CenterCollege of Medicine (UERM)
- University of the Philippines Manila
- University of the Philippines School of Health Sciences (UP-SHS)
- University of the Visayas
- University of Perpetual Help Rizal
- Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan)
- Virgen Milagrosa University,West Visayas State University,