MS Obstetrics Gynaecology seat becomes the most important specialization in Kerala & India.
The fact that it is subject related to the health care of the woman during pregnancy and post-pregnancy. It is a specialization that is in high demand among the MBBS doctors. There are 47 MS Obstetrics Gynaecology seats available in the 12 medical institutions in Kerala. MS Obstetrics Gynaecology seats in government institutions are 33, in private trust managed institutions are 11 and in one deemed university medical institution are 3.
MS Obstetrics Gynaecology Seats Recognized or To-Be-recognized – MS Obstetrics Gynaecology seats’ that are recognized and to-be-recognized in the medical colleges of Kerala are mentioned in this article for the benefit of the aspirants of Kerala and India.
- The PG medical seats in colleges are given based on the entrance conducted by the Directorate of medical education for state quota seats in government colleges and for government quota seats in private colleges.
- For the remaining seats in the private institutions, an entrance is conducted by the association of private colleges.
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University conducts its own entrance examinations autonomously.
MS Obstetrics Gynaecology Seats in Medical Colleges of Kerala
MS Obstetrics Gynaecology seats in the 12 medical colleges of Kerala are 47 recognized as well as permitted or to-be-recognized seats. These seats are available for admission based on the competitive entrance examination conducted by the individual college or the group of colleges.
- The seats are given the recognition status by Medical Council of India.
- Some seats are permitted under section 10 (A) of IMC Act.
- Permitted seats are generally granted recognition after completion of 3 years starting from the day permission is given to medical college by MCI.
We have given below details of the number of seats of MS Obstetrics Gynaecology specialization available in the government and private medical institutions in Kerala. The aspirants would find this information beneficial while deciding in taking admission in recognized seats or to-be-recognized seats.
MS Obstetrics Gynaecology in Government Medical Colleges of Kerala – There are 33 seats available in 5 government medical colleges. The details of the seats of each medical institution are mentioned in the chart for your record.
Name of Medical College
|Government Medical College, Kottayam||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala|
|Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode, Calicut||Calicut University|
|Govt. Medical College, Thrissur||Kerala University of Health and Applied Sciences, Thrissur|
|Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala University|
|T D Medical College, Alleppey (Allappuzha)||Kerala University|
MS Obstetrics Gynaecology Seats in Private Medical Colleges in Kerala – The 6 Private trust managed medical colleges are affiliated to Kerala University of Health and Applied Sciences, Thrissur offering MS Obstetrics Gynaecology Seats for admission. The number of seats is as follows.
|Name of Medical College|
|Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Thrissur|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute, Thrissur|
|M E S Medical College, Perintalmanna Malappuram Distt. Kerala|
|Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kolenchery|
|Pushpagiri Institute Of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Tiruvalla|
|Sri Gokulam Medical College Trust & Research Foundation, Trivandrum|
MS Obstetrics Gynaecology Seats in Deemed Medical College of Kerala affiliated to Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University. The medical aspirants looking forward to secure seat in the deemed college have to appear for the entrance examination conducted by the deemed university.
Name of Medical College
|Amrita School of Medicine, Elamkara, Kochi||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University|
Affiliated Universities of Kerala – The affiliated universities of the 12 government, private & deemed medical colleges of Kerala having MS Obstetrics Gynaecology seats are mentioned below for your notice.
- Kerala University of Health and Applied Sciences, Thrissur
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
- Calicut University
- Kerala University
PG Entrance Exams in Kerala – The following are the entrance examinations held at different dates enabling the aspirant to appear for the test. The medical aspirants from Kerala and India may check up for the entrance exams notifications in Newspapers as well as on websites.
- Controller of Entrance Examinations (CEE) under Director of Medical Education
- Kerala Private Medical College Management Association (KPMCMA) conducts for private medical colleges
- Amrita School of Medicine – PG Entrance Examination conducted by the deemed university.
The entrance exams every year starts from first week of January till the first week of February. The students need to start planning & preparations from the first week of October.
Time to Apply – The notifications start in the month of November & December.
Application submitting last date’s starts from the last week of December to the first week of February.
The entrance exams every year starts from first week of January till the first week of February.
The medical aspirants from Kerala in particular and India in general, may check up for the entrance exams notifications in Newspapers and college websites. For more accurate details about MS Obstetrics Gynaecology Seats in Kerala, please visit the college or MCI website.