Is “No NEET in Tamil Nadu from 2017” a reality? If we observe the recent developments in assembly, it looks like a real thing.
The adoption of two bills by Tamil Nadu State Government to be tabled in the assembly for bypassing NEET while taking admission into MBBS, BDS, PG admissions in the MCI approved medical colleges in Tamil Nadu, considered by many that this may set precedent for other states of India to follow.
The Two Bills Tabled For “No NEET in Tamil Nadu” Are:
- The Tamil Nadu Admission to MBBS and Dental Courses Act, 2017
- The Tamil Nadu Admission to Postgraduate Courses in Medicine and Dentistry Act, 2017
Hence passing the bill by ruling and opposition in assembly looks very likely.
The supporters of this unprecedented step of doing away of NEET are definitely the medical admission aspirants of the rural background who cannot compete with the CBSE-syllabus NEET UG aspirants of the urban cities of Tamil Nadu.
Thus this development is a shot in an arm to the rural based aspirants.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly adopts two Bills to bypass NEET – Link
- Bills moved to exempt Tamil Nadu students from NEET – Link
- NEET 2017: Tamil Nadu government introduces bill to abolish National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test – Link
Hence do not miss to read the above articles.
However, the timing of moving this bill will send a confusing signal to the PG-NEET qualified doctors.
In fact, before moving this bill, certain deemed university medical college have already started inviting duly filled application forms from the PG-NEET qualified applicants.
Please apply to the medical colleges mentioned below
The medical colleges that have started taking application forms are:
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College Porur Chennai
- Sri Sathya Sai Medical College Chennai
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Puducherry
- Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Medical College
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Puducherry
Hence if you have not applied, then better do it immediately.
The last date for submitting application form of Sri Ramachandra Medical College is 31 January 2017.
The last dates for the other medical colleges of Tamil Nadu are as follow:
- Sri Sathya Sai Chennai– 20 February 2017 –
- Mahatma Gandhi College Puducherry – 20 February 2017
- Vinayaka Mission – 15 February 2017 (Counseling 25 Feb 2017)
- Manakula Vinayagar
The approaching last dates and the tabling the Bills in the state assembly of Tamil Nadu to do away with the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test are certain to create confusion and chaos in the minds of the aspirants looking for PG admission in Tamil Nadu medical colleges.