Medical Schools of United States – Studying Here, A Dream Come True. I am from India. I want to do MD in one of the top medical schools of United States of America. This is my dream. Right now, I have finished 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 90 per cent marks and I got 70 out of 100 marks in English.
My parents have advised me to find out a good consultant, who would guide me to get admission in one of the top medical schools of United States.
How do I go about?
What are the admission requirements?
How much will it cost?
Can anyone guide me?
This question crops up in the mind of an Indian medical education aspirant or any other non-citizen of United States of America.
Well, you are Indian and not a citizen of United States of America. Hence you would come in the class of International student. Okay, you have completed 12th Class with science subjects, yet you are not eligible to apply to medical schools of United States of America.
Well you are looking very excited to go to US for enrolling into MD programme. You need to know an important criteria, that the eligibility to join graduate medical school in United States to study MD is 10 plus 2 plus another 2 years.
By this you can understand that to get eligibility to apply to medical schools of United States, one need to have 10 plus 4 model or more study.
But I want to study in any one of the Medical Schools of United States, it’s my dream.
We understand your eagerness, but you also have to know the reality. Well, let me explain to you, “What is the eligibility criterion to get admission in medical schools of United States”.
To become eligible you need to be 10 plus 4. The another plus 2 years, you should as an international student join any undergraduate course with premedical subjects along with arts subjects, and may be even psychology etc. Then you need to appear for MCAT ( Medical College Admission Test) and get a score of not less than 30, your plus extra 2 years subjects must have minimum GPA (grade point average) in science and cumulative of not less than 3.6 on the scale of 4.
Then you need a real backing with letters of recommendation from professors. You will also need to face an interview and the last acceptance or wait list or rejection will be done by the admission committee of the medical school you have applied.
Biggest Hurdle You Need To Overcome ( Can your Parents Overcome ?)
As you are an international student and studying under student visa, you need to know that getting scholarship even to the citizen of United States in America for pursuing MD is difficult and hence the US applicant goes for a federal loan or state loan.
And an international student who is studying under student visa getting education loan in US is next to impossible.
In such a scenario the medical school expects the international student to show finances and prove that the international student can bear the cost of studying the 4-year MD programme in the medical schools of United States.
Cost of Attendance ( Can You Afford ?)
We are sure you want to know about the cost of studying in the 4 year MD programme. This is where your action decides the fate or destiny of many international students whether they can afford. Well, the total cost of attending the MD programme that includes tuition fees, books, stay, food and all & sundry, it would be $ 50,000 per year. Total cost for 4 years $ 200, 000. And this amount the medical school you have applied expects you to deposit in the escrow account. If you deposit, you are in MD programme or else you are out.
Hope some questions are answered in the above article. The post is inconclusive. It can be concluded you need a MCAT score of 30+, GPA in science subjects and cumulative least 3.6 on the scale of 4 in under graduation, letters of recommendations and last but not the least $ 200, 000 deposit in an escrow account.
Anyways let me list down some medical schools of United States in America which might give some more details.
List of Some Medical Schools of United States
- University of California Irvine School of Medicine Irvine California, USA
- UC Riverside School of Medicine Riverside, California, USA
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Los Angeles, California, USA
- UC Davis School of Medicine Sacramento, California, USA
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine Farmington Connecticut, USA
- UC San Diego School of Medicine San Diego, California, United States
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine Loma Linda, California, USA
- Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California LA, California USA
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine Mobile, Alabama, United States
- Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine Glendale, Arizona, United States
- AT Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine Mesa, Arizona, United States
- Alabama School of Osteopathic Medicine Dothan Alabama United States
- Information about Management / NRI quota seat,
- Eligibility criteria for admission in medical colleges in India or Abroad,
- About the university affiliation of the medical institution,
- Entrance Exam Notification,
- More details about this article,
- Any other question.
- You May Fill The Form
- With accurate details of your requirement,
- For admission in MBBS or MD or MS
- Your PG specialization & preferred college,
- We will contact you on phone or email at the earliest.
- You will receive E-Book from time to time.
- See that your email id is correct or you will miss the E-Book