It is widely believed 2 rounds of counseling better than 3 for some logical reasons cited by experts. However, there will always be opposite and different opinions to come by.

Anyways, let see what the effects it may have on the students opting for only 2 rounds of counseling instead of 3 rounds.

Already directions to the deemed universities and state governments for 2 rounds of counseling instead of 3.

Directorate General Health Services to conduct the All India Quota of 15% seats and the remaining 85% counseling by the state governments authorities.

2 rounds of counseling better than

2 rounds of counseling are better than – Photo Credit

Are 2 rounds of counseling better than 3?

Let’s see, how some of the positives or negative of such restrictions may crop up for debate.

  1. An applicant who has already taken admission (All India Quota) in the second round of counseling; will not be eligible to vacate the seat for better college or option. This was possible in the earlier years counseling, where an applicant could wait till 3rd. But now from this year 2017.
  2. It’s a belief that in such a situation only a few seats could revert to the state quota; and that the all India quota to fill by the students of the All India Merit List.
  3. Also that if an applicant has taken admission in deemed university after 2nd round of counseling ( DGHS to conduct); will not be eligible to participate in any other counseling.
  4. And not allowing an applicant to take admission after 2nd round of counseling under all India quota, and thus stop vacating the seat will also stop the blocking of the seat.

Some more measures to take place at the time of counseling. They are like:





  • Colleges cannot refuse admission. For this, the student after getting admission (state government counseling); need to deposit the requisite fees in the form of Demand Draft. This DD will forward to the respective college by the counseling authority.
  • State Government to conduct manual counseling, so that if the seat remains vacant; the government will forward a list based on merit to the college. The college needs to fill the vacant seat only from the forwarded list.

However, some of them are of the opinion, that government’s stopping of this 3rd round of counseling; could turn out to bring a negative effect. Let’s wait for the time to see what happens.

Whatever, for the present, the government feels that 2 rounds of counseling better than 3.