Tirunelveli Medical College. MBBS 150 Seats. PG 54 Seats.
Started as a district headquartered hospital in 1958 and later in
1965 became a full-fledged medical college. Medical Council of India recognized the institution in 1977. The medical college is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
MBBS, MD, MS, DM & Diploma Courses – The UG course is MBBS. The PG courses are in MD, MS, and DM. The Courses are recognized by Medical Council of India.
Origin of College – The seeds to set up Medical College (TVMC) was sowed in 1958 for district head quarters hospital, whose foundation stone was laid down by the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Sri C. Kamaraj, followed by the opening of the hospital for public use in the year 1961.
In 1965, the hospital became full-fledged Medical College; hence Tirunelveli Medical College was born on 1965 and affiliated to Madurai University.
The affiliation of TVMC in 1967 changed to Madurai Kamaraj University.
The final affiliation in 1988 was made to The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University.
Admission in MBBS Course – For getting admission into MBBS course in Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli.
The students are admitted based on marks in their 12th class board examinations. The process will be conducted by Selection Committee Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai.
The selection of the students is done based on the marks obtained in their 12th board examination for 85% seats and remaining 15% all India quota. No Entrance Test.
Brief details about Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli – The brief details of the medical college are given below for the aspirants looking for admission in the Medical College.
The details include contact details, facilities, year of establishment, recognition, accreditation, etc.
PG Specialization Courses at Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli
PG Specializations of 16 different courses for 54 seats are available in Tirunelveli Med. College.
Admissions are based on merit and Directorate of Medical Education conducts the selection process.
Admission in PG Course – For getting admission into MD / MS / MCh course in Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli.
The MBBS graduates are given admission based on merit in MBBS.
The process conducted by Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai.
The selection of the students is done based on merit for 50% of the seats and remaining 50% is given under all India quota are allocated by Director General Health Services, New Delhi.
|PG Specialization Courses|
|DM – Neurology|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Microbiology|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD – Pathology|
|MD – Pharmacology|
|MD – Physiology|
|MD – Psychiatry|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – ENT|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopaedics|
MBBS Seats Increase in Tirunelveli Med. College
MBBS seats set to increase in this govt medical college in Tirunelveli from the academic year 2015-16.
This is as per minutes of meeting released at a meeting held on 29 December 2014 in the high powered committee meeting under the chairmanship of Health Secretary.
The approval was given for the proposal to increase MBBS seats in Tirunelveli Medical College.