U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test aspirants would be happy to note that UPPGMET is an entrance examination conducted by U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA).
UPPGMET is for the candidates of India seeking admission in MD / MS / PG Diploma Courses in the private medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh.
The eligible MBBS graduates of All India should have completed their internship or who will complete their internship on or before 1st April of the applying academic year.
The contents in the following paragraphs will help you know about U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET) application procedure, details of the computer based test, locations of centers for test, start date of application and last date for submission of filled application form.
If you are looking for applying to U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET)?
- Then you need to know that the last date for applying is 1st January, 2016 for online application, for post submission last date is 4th January, 2016 and the application form is available for online filling & download from October 20, 2015. The application forms are also available from participating colleges from November 15, 2015.
- This is as per the announcement made by U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA).
- The candidates who are eligible and would like to pursue MD or MS or PG Diploma courses in Private Medical Colleges of Uttar Pradesh will have to appear for PG medical entrance exam popularly known as UPPGMET.
The Uttar Pradesh PG Entrance Exam (UPPGMET) is scheduled to be held on 16th January – 2016 & 23rd January – 2016, the timing of entrance exam is 1 PM to 4 PM at the following centers of New Delhi / Delhi, Noida/ Greater Noida, Chandigarh, Lucknow and Varanasi.
U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET) – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion becomes the most important requisite is that the candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Should have finished MBBS from a MCI recognized medical college.
- Should have the registration with either State Medical Council / Medical Council of India.
- And that he or she must have completed internship or completing internship before 1 April of the applying academic year.
U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET) – Application Procedure
Application Procedure is a very simple process wherein the applications form is available online as well as in the counter of participating colleges.
- You have to fill the application form online and submitted online only.
- Then you need to take a print out and other relevant documents to be sent to the address as given below:
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA)
Ist Floor, Anand Ashram Complex,
- The last date deadline of online filling of application form is January 01, 2016.
- The last date deadline of receipt of filled in application form by post at the above address is January 04, 2016
U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET) – Online & Offline Mode – Aspirants looking to apply for Uttar Pradesh PG 2016 would be happy to know that you can apply in two methods.
Application Form and Fee – There are 2 methods by which you can fill the application form and send to UPUMCWA.
- The application form is available from the cash counter of the participating colleges on cash payment of Rs 3500/-.
- Such application must be duly completely filled and sent to “Coordinator – UPPGMET 2016, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001”.
One more method of applying is by downloading the application from the website – www.upumcwa.org.
- The application form must be printed on A4 sheet.
- The duly filled form accompanied by a demand draft of Rs 3500/- drawn in favour of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly (U.P.)” and sent to “Coordinator – UPPGMET 2016, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001”.
U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test – 250 Multiple Choice Computer based test
Dear applicants of Uttar Pradesh PG Medical 2016 please be informed that there are 328 seats available for admission in Master of Doctor (MD) / Master of Surgery (MS) / PG Diploma available for admission in the Private Medical Colleges of Uttar Pradesh.
- U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET) is a national level that would be conducted on computer based mode.
- As usual the syllabus is from your MBBS undergraduate subjects.
- The pattern of U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test will consist of 250 objective type multiple choice questions.
- The Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical subjects would be covered in the UPPGMET.
- Please note that there are negative marks for incorrect answer.
- The negative mark would be ¼ for every wrong answer.
- However, for every right answer you will be awarded 1 mark.
U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test – Schedule of Events – Now comes the scheduled events of the entrance examination of UPPGMET.
The schedules of events are as per the announcement made by U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA).
They are as follows:
- 20 October 2015 – The candidates can start applying online to fill the application form.
- 20 October 2015 – The candidates can also start downloading application form.
- 15 November 2015 – Application start available at participating medical colleges.
- 1 January 2016 – The last date deadline for online filling of receipt of UPPGMET application form.
- 4 January 2016 – The last date deadline for receipt of UPPGMET application form by post.
- Before the deadline dates the candidate must fill the online / offline application form completely in all respects.
- 11 January 2016 – On this date the online admit card available for download.
- 16 & 23 January 2016 – Entrance Exam date of UPPGMET
2nd week of February 2016 – The results of U P Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test will be declared.
- March 2016 – The counseling for allotment of seats takes place.