MBBS admission in India till the year 2015 was a rigorous process with complications, creating confusion and chaos among the aspirants and parents.
However, things have changed from 2016. There is only one entrance exam known as NEET. Instead of so many entrance exams those were existing before 2016.
For the year 2017-18, it is believed that 10 lakhs students in 80 cities and in 1500 centers would be writing the NEET – UG 2017-18.
A Single Window MBBS Admission Guidance
The following paragraphs will help the MBBS admission aspirants and MBBS graduates to know information; about medical colleges, number of seats and courses.
- The information will help you take informed decision while taking admission in the medical college of your choice.
Medical Colleges in India
There are 462 Medical Colleges in India. Click to Learn More.
- Located in important cities and towns.
- We are updating medical colleges on regular basis.
- Every year some of the colleges get de-recognition and re-recognition status.
- Plus new colleges start functioning.
- Please keep abreast with the latest updates.
Entrance Examination –
Number of students appearing for entrance exams to secure a seat in college to study MBBS are 600, 000 per year. Click to Learn More
- Government of India conducts a common Entrance Examination known as NEET; the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for eligible students of India.
Medical Admission Abroad –
Medical Admission in Abroad colleges starts from July to December every year. Click to Learn More
- Aspirants have a good choice of countries to go.
- Hence knowing admission procedures, on how-to-apply and visa formalities along with other important information is your need.
- After completing your degree abroad, the foreign returned doctors need to write FMGE – Screening Test.
- After qualifying this test the foreign returned doctor can register with MCI; once registration is complete you can practice in India and have the choice to take up post graduate courses.
There are 22911 PG seats available in medical colleges of India. Click to Learn More
- Courses with specializations are Diploma, MD, MS, DM & MCh.
- Now that you are an MBBS graduate, next step is in the direction of PG admissions and related information.
- We have little updates for you.
New Medical Colleges –
Every year New Medical Collegesare set up in India in your home state or in your city.
- To improve the doctor to patient ratio, the government of India is always trying its best to set up new medical colleges to produce more quality doctors who can look after the health needs of the patients.
- As soon as any new college is coming up, we will update.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to see the updated list.
Deemed Medical Colleges –
Deemed Medical Colleges are autonomous institutions having deemed status as per University Grants Commissions Act 1956. Click to Learn More
- We will update information of these special status colleges with latest developments.
- Thus candidates who get the opportunity to do medical courses in these deemed universities; enjoy the benefits of the excellent infrastructure of the deemed status education institutions.
State Medical Colleges –
Every State of India have a number of State Medical Colleges for the eligible students of that state.
- We update this category with the hope that the information is relevant to you.
Government Medical Colleges –
The Government Medical Collegesin India are as old as a century; producing doctors who are taking health care of our population.
- We are certain that this would be of interesting in knowing about these government institutions.
Private Medical Colleges –
Nearly 50% medical colleges in India are Private Medical Colleges
- Hence the management of the institutions is under private trusts.
- We update this category to guide you to know about admission procedure & related information.
There are 66961 UG / PG Seatsavailable in all medical colleges and institutions in India.
- There are permit-status seats as well as MCI recognition-status seats. 63835 MBBS seats.
- Hence the information about the available seats in the medical college you are planning to join is important to you.
Medical Admission –
Medical Admissionin MBBS, Diploma, MD, MS, DM & MCh Courses takes places based on Entrances Examinations.
- Sure, you would find this would be of interest to know the admission procedures; and eligibility for exploring the possibilities of taking admission in the medical institution.
Medical Council of Indiais a regulatory body under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Hence MCI regulates all medical colleges of India, having some basic knowledge about MCI and news is of vital importance.
The most sought after educational course in India is MBBS.
- The number of seats available for admission in colleges in India is 52715.
- Every year, more than 11,00,000 students of India nurse ambition and compete to secure a seat in MBBS.
There are important and without category medical topics other than mbbs admission.
- Such articles are under this category.
- Here we try to update information that is not under any particular category.
A Chaos of Too Many Entrance Exams
The reason for such a confusion state of affairs is the number of different entrance examinations for each state medical colleges, government-funded colleges, self-financed private institutions and autonomous special status (deemed colleges) institutions.
- Thus candidates were traveling the length and breadth of the country to write entrance exams.
- However, from the year 2016, things are simple and the government took a step beneficial to all eligible students of India.
- Hence from now on, there is only one entrance examination – NEET, the National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test.
Bring Parity for State Board Exams – However, expectation is that central and state health ministers along with the health secretaries; would strive to bring parity to students who take State Board Exams.
NEET Norms For Regional Languages – Norms to meet for a state to become eligible to write entrance in regional language are;
- The state must have conducted medical entrance exam in regional language since last 3 years.
- Also that the vernacular language must compulsorily have medical terms lexicon.
NEET in 8 Languages
For the academic year 2017-18, the NEET is to take place in 8 languages of English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujarati.
- However, many wished if NEET is also in Urdu, Malayalam, Odia, Kannada and some other languages.
- The protest came up in Odisha for not conducting NEET in Odia.
- Kannada not included because it could not meet the norms.
- Hence hopefully these languages are additions from the year 2018-19.
Single Centralized Counseling – From the year 2017, speculations are in the air, that only one centralized counseling will take place; thus allotting seats for mbbs admission to the meritorious NEET qualifying candidates.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College. MBBS 150 Seats. PG 70 Seats. The medical college is one of the oldest Government medical institutions in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh for studying MBBS, MD, MS & Diploma Courses. The college came into existence in the year 1955 and is managed by a Govt. institution. The affiliation of this institution […]
Government Medical Colleges in Maharashtra. There are 25 government medical colleges in Maharashtra, 23 are affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. Of the remaining 2, one is Rajiv Gandhi Medical College & Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital which is affliated to Bombay University. The other one is Tata Memorial Centre which is affiliated to […]
Private Medical Colleges in Kerala. The list has 18 Private Medical Colleges in Kerala that are professionally managed by trusts. 10 Medical Colleges from the list affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur, 3 from the list affiliated to Kerala University, 3 to Calicut University, 1 to Mahatma Gandhi University and 1 to Amrita […]
Deemed Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu. There are 10 Deemed Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu. These Universities are established as Deemed University or to be Deemed University in terms of rules framed under the UGC Act, 1956. “There are 1350 UG & 577 PG seats available for admission in the deemed medical colleges in Tamil […]
Medical Colleges in Maharashtra. 25 government & 25 private. 11 Deemed Universities. Entrance Exams – MH-CET, PGM-CET, MH-SSET, Asso-CET & Autonomous.
MCI Permitted New Medical College in Delhi. MCI has permitted the state of Delhi to set up one new medical college for admissions in the academic year 2012-13. This new medical college is added to the list of existing 6 MBBS colleges of Delhi. The medical college is the dream of Hakeem Abdul Hameed, the […]
Question is, “should government scrap FMGE screening test for foreign doctors?” Yes, is the answer, but now the think-tanks mooting an idea that the foreign returned doctors must now write PG-NEET; qualify, then you can practice in India and / or have choice to take admission in PG courses. How fair is it, to again […]
MBBS admissions in Andhra Pradesh is open to the students of Andhra Pradesh with Biology, Chemistry and Physics as subjects in their 12th or 10+2 classes. Aspirants compete for 5500 seats available in the 40 medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh. There are 14 government colleges as well as 26 private medical colleges available for admissions. […]
Price for banking cord blood at Southern Cord for 20 years is between $3,000 to $3,300, and in another plan the price for enrolling into 10-years is slightly higher than $2,000 but less than $2, 300. The pricing of company is less than the national average.
MD Paediatrics is an important branch of specialization, at par with Orthopaedics & Radiology. The preference of most students of Karnataka & India. Every medical college in Karnataka puts lots of effort to get more seats in Paediatrics branch of specialization for its ever increasing demand. MD Paediatrics Seats Recognized or To-Be-recognized – Paediatrics seats’ […]
Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Important Dates have been announced by APSCHE on behalf of government of AP. The AP EAMCET Medical 2016 is scheduled to conduct the entrance exam on 29 April 2016 at various centers of AP. The entrance would be conducted and organized by JNTU Kakinada. Hence for this academic year JNTU Kakinada is […]
The List of Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh given below is very helpful to the eligible aspirants. The students will know about the number of MBBS, MD, MS, Post Graduate Diploma, DM & MCh seats available in the college. Along with brief details about the medical colleges in different cities and towns of Andhra Pradesh. […]
Recognized seats and Permitted seats of Medical colleges in India are the medical seats that allow the Medical University / College to admit the students into MBBS course who are eligible for admission and cleared the entrance exam conducted by the university / college.
Locomotor Disability – 40% to 70% of lower limbs. Locomotor Disability – is it a hindrance while admitting students into MBBS Course in medical colleges of India ? MCI is the proper authority to decide while giving admission in MBBS to disabled students says High Court division bench. A student trying for an admission in […]
Is Allowing BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Graduates for Lateral Entry into MBBS practical?
Allowing BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Graduates for Lateral Entry into MBBS looks positively practical. Since the demand for Lateral Entry into MBBS is immense. The candidates who are nursing ambition for lateral entry are graduates of BDS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BAMS, BHMS and Para Medical Degree. The experienced as well […]
Government Medical Colleges mentioned below are the Medical Council of India approved educational institutions having MBBS, PG Diploma, MD, MS, DM & M Ch courses available for admission ot the eligible students of India. We have mentioned below the medical colleges available in the various states of India.
Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Pittsburgh comes 2nd choice of the applicants among the Medical Schools of Pennsylvania. The school of medicine came into existence in the year 1886 and affiliated to University of Pittsburgh. The programs offered by Medical School Pittsburgh are MD, MD/PHD. Apply To Pittsburgh School of Medicine Given below certain details in […]
Management-Quota is Dead – Long Live NRI-Quota
In the year 2016-17 academic session, the management quota was killed. However, there are some special-quota-educational-consultants who believe that MBBS admission under management quota is still alive.
- Nevertheless, NRI-Quota continues with a condition that the NRI sponsored candidates must qualify NEET, in order to become eligible, hence to take mbbs admission in medical courses of MBBS, PG Degree, and PG Diploma.