MBBS admission in India till the year 2015 was a rigorous process with complications, creating confusion and chaos among the aspirants and parents.
However, things have changed from 2016. There is only one entrance exam known as NEET. Instead of so many entrance exams those were existing before 2016.
For the year 2017-18, it is believed that 10 lakhs students in 80 cities and in 1500 centers would be writing the NEET – UG 2017-18.
A Single Window MBBS Admission Guidance
The following paragraphs will help the MBBS admission aspirants and MBBS graduates to know information; about medical colleges, number of seats and courses.
- The information will help you take informed decision while taking admission in the medical college of your choice.
Medical Colleges in India
There are 462 Medical Colleges in India. Click to Learn More.
- Located in important cities and towns.
- We are updating medical colleges on regular basis.
- Every year some of the colleges get de-recognition and re-recognition status.
- Plus new colleges start functioning.
- Please keep abreast with the latest updates.
Entrance Examination –
Number of students appearing for entrance exams to secure a seat in college to study MBBS are 600, 000 per year. Click to Learn More
- Government of India conducts a common Entrance Examination known as NEET; the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for eligible students of India.
Medical Admission Abroad –
Medical Admission in Abroad colleges starts from July to December every year. Click to Learn More
- Aspirants have a good choice of countries to go.
- Hence knowing admission procedures, on how-to-apply and visa formalities along with other important information is your need.
- After completing your degree abroad, the foreign returned doctors need to write FMGE – Screening Test.
- After qualifying this test the foreign returned doctor can register with MCI; once registration is complete you can practice in India and have the choice to take up post graduate courses.
There are 22911 PG seats available in medical colleges of India. Click to Learn More
- Courses with specializations are Diploma, MD, MS, DM & MCh.
- Now that you are an MBBS graduate, next step is in the direction of PG admissions and related information.
- We have little updates for you.
New Medical Colleges –
Every year New Medical Collegesare set up in India in your home state or in your city.
- To improve the doctor to patient ratio, the government of India is always trying its best to set up new medical colleges to produce more quality doctors who can look after the health needs of the patients.
- As soon as any new college is coming up, we will update.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to see the updated list.
Deemed Medical Colleges –
Deemed Medical Colleges are autonomous institutions having deemed status as per University Grants Commissions Act 1956. Click to Learn More
- We will update information of these special status colleges with latest developments.
- Thus candidates who get the opportunity to do medical courses in these deemed universities; enjoy the benefits of the excellent infrastructure of the deemed status education institutions.
State Medical Colleges –
Every State of India have a number of State Medical Colleges for the eligible students of that state.
- We update this category with the hope that the information is relevant to you.
Government Medical Colleges –
The Government Medical Collegesin India are as old as a century; producing doctors who are taking health care of our population.
- We are certain that this would be of interesting in knowing about these government institutions.
Private Medical Colleges –
Nearly 50% medical colleges in India are Private Medical Colleges
- Hence the management of the institutions is under private trusts.
- We update this category to guide you to know about admission procedure & related information.
There are 66961 UG / PG Seatsavailable in all medical colleges and institutions in India.
- There are permit-status seats as well as MCI recognition-status seats. 63835 MBBS seats.
- Hence the information about the available seats in the medical college you are planning to join is important to you.
Medical Admission –
Medical Admissionin MBBS, Diploma, MD, MS, DM & MCh Courses takes places based on Entrances Examinations.
- Sure, you would find this would be of interest to know the admission procedures; and eligibility for exploring the possibilities of taking admission in the medical institution.
Medical Council of Indiais a regulatory body under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Hence MCI regulates all medical colleges of India, having some basic knowledge about MCI and news is of vital importance.
The most sought after educational course in India is MBBS.
- The number of seats available for admission in colleges in India is 52715.
- Every year, more than 11,00,000 students of India nurse ambition and compete to secure a seat in MBBS.
There are important and without category medical topics other than mbbs admission.
- Such articles are under this category.
- Here we try to update information that is not under any particular category.
A Chaos of Too Many Entrance Exams
The reason for such a confusion state of affairs is the number of different entrance examinations for each state medical colleges, government-funded colleges, self-financed private institutions and autonomous special status (deemed colleges) institutions.
- Thus candidates were traveling the length and breadth of the country to write entrance exams.
- However, from the year 2016, things are simple and the government took a step beneficial to all eligible students of India.
- Hence from now on, there is only one entrance examination – NEET, the National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test.
Bring Parity for State Board Exams – However, expectation is that central and state health ministers along with the health secretaries; would strive to bring parity to students who take State Board Exams.
NEET Norms For Regional Languages – Norms to meet for a state to become eligible to write entrance in regional language are;
- The state must have conducted medical entrance exam in regional language since last 3 years.
- Also that the vernacular language must compulsorily have medical terms lexicon.
NEET in 8 Languages
For the academic year 2017-18, the NEET is to take place in 8 languages of English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujarati.
- However, many wished if NEET is also in Urdu, Malayalam, Odia, Kannada and some other languages.
- The protest came up in Odisha for not conducting NEET in Odia.
- Kannada not included because it could not meet the norms.
- Hence hopefully these languages are additions from the year 2018-19.
Single Centralized Counseling – From the year 2017, speculations are in the air, that only one centralized counseling will take place; thus allotting seats for mbbs admission to the meritorious NEET qualifying candidates.
Jhalawar Medical College Jhalawar, Rajasthan. MBBS 100 Seats. The Medical College is a government medical institution in Jhalawar, Rajasthan offering MBBS Course. The college came into existence in the year 2008. The affiliation of this institution is to Rajasthan University of Health Sciences. MBBS Course – Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar, Rajasthan undertakes the teaching and […]
Government Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh are institutions affiliated to oldest and prestigious universities in Uttar Pradesh. 5 to Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj Medical University, Lucknow 2 to C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur 2 to Dr B R Ambedkar University, Agra 1 Gorakhpur University, 1 Banaras Hindu University, 1 Bundelkhand University, 1 Aligarh Muslim University, 1 Ch. […]
Private Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh. There are 26 Private medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh that are professionally managed by trusts. All of these private medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh are affiliated to Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. There are 3350 MBBS and 1323 PG seats available for admission in the private medical […]
Deemed Medical Colleges in Maharashtra offers to the students of India to pursue medical education in Maharashtra. There are 11 Deemed university Medical institutions in Maharashtra. These Universities are established as Deemed University or to be Deemed University in terms of rules framed under the UGC Act, 1956. “There are 1475 UG & 863 PG […]
Medical Colleges in Haryana. The medical institutions are under the aegis of Directorate of Medical Sciences, Haryana & Pt BD Sharma University of Health Sciences. Pre Medical Test is conducted by Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak. The deemed university “Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana – Ambala, conducts own entrance. One institution is Command Hospital which has PG […]
MCI has permitted the state of Uttar Pradesh to set up 2 new medical colleges. The 1st MBBS institution in the list is Baba Saheb Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Medical College and Associated Hospital, Kannauj; 2nd in the list is Mayo Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
Admission in Medical University of Ukraine is an article about the admission process, fee structure, visa formalities, eligibility criteria, passport advice, hostels, food, etc. that a student needs to know before applying for admission in Medical University of Ukraine. We presume that this article would be beneficial to the aspirants of India looking forward to take admission in Medical University of Ukraine to pursue medical degree .
MBBS admissions in Andhra Pradesh is open to the students of Andhra Pradesh with Biology, Chemistry and Physics as subjects in their 12th or 10+2 classes. Aspirants compete for 5500 seats available in the 40 medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh. There are 14 government colleges as well as 26 private medical colleges available for admissions. […]
Price for banking cord blood at Stem Cell Cryobank for 20 years is around $3,400 and the price for enrolling into 10-years plan is little less than $2,400 . The price is well below the national average. Stem Cell Cryobank is located at 10301 Hagen Ranch Road, Suite 600 Boynton Beach, Florida 33437. The company […]
MD Tuberculosis Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine in Karnataka. Total 17 seats in 10 Colleges. 10 MCI recognized colleges have 17 Seats available for admission. MD Tuberculosis Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine is an important branch of specialization. The preference of MBBS graduates of Karnataka. There are no seats in government medical institutions of Karnataka […]
NEET Mandatory – National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to become mandatory from the academic year 2013-14, will it? NEET Mandatory (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) to be made mandatory from the academic year 2013-14. Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has been directed by Supreme Court. On the orders of Union Ministry of Health […]
The List of Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh given below is very helpful to the eligible aspirants. The students will know about the number of MBBS, MD, MS, Post Graduate Diploma, DM & MCh seats available in the college. Along with brief details about the medical colleges in different cities and towns of Andhra Pradesh. […]
Increase of Seats in medical college in Andhra Pradesh. MCI has permitted increase of 700 seats in Andhra Pradesh for admission to study MBBS course from the academic year 2012-13. The MCI permitted seats for admission in MBBS are available to the eligible candidates qualified in the common entrance examination EAMCET conducted by Dr NTR […]
MCI Screening Test exempted for US / UK / Canada / Australia / New Zealand qualified medical under-graduates & post-graduates, seeking provisional / permanent registration with MCI for enrollment as medical practitioner in India. This is an amendment made by Medical Council of India in December 2011. It means the Under Graduates and Post Graduates […]
Lateral Entry into MBBS means an aspirant can make direct admission….….entry into 3rd or 4th year of the 5 & half or 6 years MBBS course in India or Abroad. This type of lateral entry into MBBS is looked forward by graduates who have completed B.Sc. (Nursing), BPT, and such related degrees from India. The […]
194 Private Medical Colleges…… There are 194 privately managed medical colleges in India that are permitted / approved / recognised by Medical Council of India.
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Los Angeles. MD (Doctor of Medicine). The School of Medicine is a Public medical institution in Los Angeles, California, offering MD (Doctor of Medicine) Course. The School came into existence in the year 1951 and is managed by a Public organization. The affiliation of this institution is to […]
Management-Quota is Dead – Long Live NRI-Quota
In the year 2016-17 academic session, the management quota was killed. However, there are some special-quota-educational-consultants who believe that MBBS admission under management quota is still alive.
- Nevertheless, NRI-Quota continues with a condition that the NRI sponsored candidates must qualify NEET, in order to become eligible, hence to take mbbs admission in medical courses of MBBS, PG Degree, and PG Diploma.