Agartala Government Medical College is a government-owned medical institution in Agartala. The college came into existence in the year 2005. The affiliation of this institution is to Tripura University.
The medical institution undertakes the teaching and training of students for under-graduate course of MBBS and post-graduate courses of MD & MS. The medical college and the medical courses are recognized by Medical Council of India.
MBBS Admissions – Admissions into MBBS Course in the medical college is done on the basis of ranks obtained in the Joint Entrance Examination, conducted by Joint Entrance Board of Examination on behalf of the government of Tripura. Joint Entrance Counseling Committee constituted by Government of Tripura, conducts counseling and admissions as per the merit list.
MBBS Seats Quota – The total seats for admission will be under three quotas. 75% of the seats to the aspirants from the State of Tripura. 15% seats will go to the all India quota. The remaining 10% are allocated to North Eastern quota.
Brief Details about Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala – The brief details of Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala are given below for the aspirants looking for admission in the PG Institute in Agartala. The details include contact details, facilities, year of establishment, recognition, accreditations, etc.
- College Name Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala
Established In 2005
Address P.O. Kunjaban, Agartala – 799006, Meghalaya
Telephone +91-381-2357130, 2357004, 2353112, 2353112, 2223755, 2357130, 2357004
Fax +91-381-2356789, 2356701, 235 7004
Mobile +91-9436122880, +91-9436136393
Affiliation Tripura University
MBBS 100 Seats. Admissions by Joint Entrance Examination by Government of Tripura
MD / MS 25 Seats. Admission by Common Entrance Examination By Tripura Government Medical College
Recognition Medical College and UG/PG Courses are recognized by Medical Council of India
Teaching Hospital Gobind Ballav Pant Hospital build on the land donated by former Maharaja of Tripura, Kirit Bikram Kishore Manikya Bahadur
Inauguration On October 14, 1961, GB Pant Hospital was inaugurated by Late Meher Chand Khanna, former Union Minister for Relief and Rehabilitation.
Telemedicine – Initiated and pioneered in Tripura by Agartala Government Medical College.
- The first unit was inaugurated by His Excellency President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam linking to Care Hospital, Hyderabad for Tertiary Level Consultation & RGM Hospital Kailashar for Secondary Level Consultation.
- Again, in the year 2005, the Honourable Health Minister of Tripura inaugurated a second unit linked to Amarpur Sub Division Hospital, Gandacherra Sub Divisional Hospital, Chailengta Sub Divisional Hospital and Kanchanpur Sub Divisional Hospital.
Tele Booking – The telemedicine facility is helping the patients from Tripura near and distant for tele booking for investigation and tests like, MRI, Ecocardigraphy, Ultra Sonography, EEG, CT Scan, TMT, Gastroendoscopy, X-Ray, etc in G B Pant Hospital.
PG Specializations Courses in Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala
The post-graduate specializations of 25 seats of 13 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal. For admission into MD / MS Courses, a Common Entrance Examination is conducted by Agartala Government Medical College.
PG Specialization Course Name PG Seats
- MD – Anaesthesiology 2
MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology 1
MD – General Medicine 4
MD – Microbiology 1
MD – Paediatrics 1
MD – Psychiatry 1
MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology 2
MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine 3
MD/MS – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology 2
MD/MS – Ophthalmology 2
MS – ENT 2
MS – General Surgery 2
MS – Orthopaedics 2
Research – Research has been an important task always taken up on priority by Agartala Government Medical College. To Name some, we have:
- Reduction of Neo-Natal Mortality Rate in the North Eastern Region States of India.
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
- Awareness about malaria among adults.
- Personal & food hygiene practices & knowledge among street food vendors.
Research Studies in East Delhi.
- A study on the practices of Breast Feeding among the mothers who live in Resettlement Colony of East Delhi.
- Different contraceptive methods and uses prevalence in East Delhi.
- Missing girls in one area of East Delhi.
- Caesarean and its high prevalence rate in East Delhi.